Reports To: Offsites & Drilling Interfaces Package Manager
Department : Upstream Project
Location: Kampala based first and then Transfer to site (rotation)
Supervises: Direct : Indirect:
Interacts/Interfaces with: Internal: External:
• To participate to technical meetings during the detailed design, provide support and expertise and contribution to the progress of the detailed design and procurement engineering.
• To participate to construction meetings and guide the resolution of construction related issues linked to his/her area
• To participate to the Project HAZOP/SPOT and PTR and other audits and technical reviews, including coordination of Project answers and final resolution.
• To ensure proper reporting for his/her area and to highlight critical issues to the Offsites & Drilling Interfaces Package Manager. To contribute to improving the project lessons learnt and personnel skills.
• To contribute to the advancement of working methods and tools within his speciality.
• Organize and participate in internal and with Contractor technical meetings, challenge the EPSCC Contractor, monitor and promote value engineering to contribute to cost saving. Promote alternatives design to optimize works and schedule.
• Prepare weekly and monthly activity reports for his/her area in coordination with Offsites & Drilling Interfaces Package Manager.
• Identify and evaluate changes to basis for design, as early as possible, anticipate problems in his/her area
• Promote local content initiatives together with the National Content team and Offsites & Drilling Interfaces Package Manager
• Work closely, as required, with the Facilities’ Engineering Manager and Lead DCC to ensure that the engineering deliverables, in particular the Class 1 from the EPSCC Contractor are reviewed and commented within the contractual timeframe.
• Work closely with the disciplines lead to ensure adequate follow-up of procurement and later coordination of equipment and material integration in the facilities
• Organize the monitoring of the inspection plans for the equipment and material supplied for his/her area and ensure follow-up until such equipment and material can be released and incorporated to the Plant on site
• Make sure with the Contractor that all necessary certifications for the installations means to be used for the installation of the line pipe, cable and platform on the lake are issued in due time.
• Organize installation procedures detailed risk assessment sessions with the contractor and ensure later that mitigation measures are in place and followed. Obtain support from the relevant head quarter disciplines to validate such procedure.
• Work closely with the construction team to coordinate his/her area’s activities during construction and ensure transverse management of site activities with the support of the relevant construction teams while offshore activities will take place.
• Organise regular visit on site for progress review and coordination purpose with Company construction teams and Contractor project teams on site during the construction preparation phase.
• Manage the planning of the well pad with the support of the planning team –implement it on a day to day basis during construction.
• Review and prepare input to variation orders
• Anticipate potential claim from the contractor and alert the Offsites & Drilling Interfaces Package Manager. Propose approaches and elements of negotiation.
• Participate in the budget preparation and provide input to the project LOP for the part related to his/her area
Education, Training, Skills & Experience
Qualification: Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Engineering
• Minimum 9 years oil & gas experience (Company graduate program engineer or relevant experience) with significant relevant multi-discipline engineering experience in EP industry is required to provide the necessary overview of the business, with experience in planning or project engineering.
• Strong technical, analytical, innovative and commercial skills. A good experience in planning, budgeting and managing interfaces. Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/commercial issues associated with the development of oil and gas projects.
• Some experience of construction onshore and preferably offshore with a good understanding of the construction constraints and implications for the project development. Capacity to manage activities on a construction site is a must.
• Conversant with International, group engineering standards, as well as HSE standards. Ability to understand the specific risk induced by offshore installation activities.
• Good communication skills and an aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams. Ability to manage the relationship with key stakeholders.
• Proven track record of result deliveries in challenging project environments.
You can apply by submitting your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line QC Technician – Electrical/Instrumentation by 18th April 2023