Job Title: Infrastructure and Network Administrator
Organisation: Cairo Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of IT
Cairo Bank Uganda Limited was incorporated on 11th July, 1994. The Bank was formerly known as Cairo International Bank owned by the three leading Egyptian Banks namely; Banque Du Caire, Bank Misr and National Bank of Egypt. In 2019, it became a fully owned subsidiary of Banque Du Caire (BDC). The shareholder consolidation in 2019 was on the back of expanding its presence across Africa whilst providing an entry point into the COMESA market.
Job Summary: The Infrastructure and Network Administrator will be responsible for the administration of the bank’s corporate network and all infrastructure with the key aim of ensuring operational performance, capacity, and security and risk management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations etc.
- Implement short and long term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Test network and server performance; provide network/server performance statistics and reports to ensure proper maintenance of the network/Server infrastructure.
- Monitor bandwidth usage, analyze traffic patterns and volumes, and determine impact/implications of issues and thereafter make recommendations to management.
- Develop, Plan/schedule maintenance activities and communicate standards for use, and security of network in a timely manner.
- Come up with specifications of all new I.T equipment for Technical Services and recording and taking proper inventory of all Network & infrastructure assets of the Bank.
- Implements policies and procedures related to network hardware, use, support, security, and backup.
- Ensure that substantive Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans are in place, regularly tested and updated.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware failures, network operating system problems and other LAN/WAN related malfunctions.
- Develop and implement data security policies by ensuring that these are monitored, enforced, and that information is stored and retained correctly.
- Represent the Head of I.T on working groups and at other meetings whenever the need arises.
- Carry out regular security monitoring to detect any possible intrusions.
- Run End of Day, End of Month and End of year operations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science or other related field
- Relevant certifications in Cisco with a minimum of CCNA
- Four years of experience in similar role in a Supervised Financial Institution by Bank of Uganda.
- Knowledge of Server Operating Systems and administration
- Good working knowledge of Financial Institutions Operations and Regulations of Supervised Financial Institutions in Uganda.
- Analytical and critical skills with problem solving.
- Highly organized
- Proactive and decisive
- Ability to influence others on control behaviors.
- Interpersonal and team player skills
- Stakeholder management capabilities
- Motivated and self-driven
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates should send their application letters together with their curriculum vitae to the Head Human Resources at email@example.com
Deadline: 19th April 2023