Supervises: Direct : Indirect:
Project Accounts Manager Managing Director
Interacts/Interfaces with: Internal: External:
Job Summary The logistics manager shall offer support in tracking and facilitating movement of consignment from the point of origin to destination. The support rendered shall involve documentation, process, and regulatory support. The job holder shall occasionally manage customer relations.
• Oversees the shipping and delivery of materials and warehouse personnel
• Involved in managing the loading of trucks, setting up delivery routes and unloading of material
• Manage inventory and maintain communications with carriers, suppliers, warehouses, custom brokers and others involved in the shipping and delivery
• Monitor the scheduling and dispatching of vehicles and goods
• Ensure that safety regulations are observed during the movement of the pipes to avoid damage.
• To evaluate daily operations inclusive of the scheduling and dispatching of vehicles and pipes
• Attend regular meetings with stakeholders on the progress of each consignment
• From time to time follow up on business development assignments at the discretion of your supervisor
Education, Training, Skills & Experience
• 3 – 5 years of work experience in Logistics Management
• Experience with International logistics, importing into Uganda (PVOC, Customs clearance)
• A relevant degree in any of the following fields, Business Administration, Supplies and Procurement and Logistics Management
• Experience with trucking and sequencing.
• Possession of Certifications in Logistics Management and proven experience shall be an added advantage
• Proficiency in MS Applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
You can apply by submitting your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line QC Technician – Electrical/Instrumentation by 18th April 2023