Job Title: Manager Strategic Planning and Partnerships
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The National Environment Management Authority (hereinafter called “NEMA”) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap.153 in May 1995 and continued under the National Environment Act No.5 of 2019 as the principal agency for environment management in Uganda charged with regulating, supervising and coordinating all activities relating to the environment.
Job Summary: The Manager Strategic Planning and Partnerships will develop and implement Plans, Strategies and Partnerships for effective functioning of the Authority
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead the development and implementation of Division’s Work Plans,
- Budgets and prepare timely reports
- Spearhead development and implementation of the Strategic Plan for the Authority
- Spearhead planning, budgeting and reporting in liaison with other departments
- Initiate and coordinate the preparation and production of long and short-term Corporate Plans including budgets and Resource Mobilization Strategies
- Coordinate and generate planning data/information/reports to support policy and decision making by Management
- Support, coordinate and implement division plans and activities
- Prepare statutory and other reports on emerging national, regional macro-economic issues to inform policy actions
- Spearhead resource mobilization efforts at the Authority
- Coordinate statistics collection, analysis and dissemination
- Coordinate Policy Analysis and development
- Supervise and appraise staff
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of Development Planning, Economics, Development Economics, Natural Resources Economics, Statistics or Business Administration.
- Master’s Degree in any of the relevant fields above.
- Should have at least a minimum of eight (8) years post qualification professional working experience in economic planning and partnership development three of which should have been at senior level in a public institution.
- Leadership, team building and supervision skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent scholarly writing and publication skills
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Financial and human resource management skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Resource Mobilization skills
- Risk management skills
- Command of excellent Information Communication Technology skills
How to Apply:
Staff of Uganda Police Force, Uganda People’s Defense Forces, Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda Intelligence Services who have requisite requirements for the positions of Manager Environment Protection Force, Principal Environment Intelligence Officer, Principal Investigations Officer and Environment Protection Officer may respond to this Internal Advert for only the said positions subject to their internal clearance processes as appropriate.
Potential candidates should download an application form, Download Here, and fill the form and attach “O” and “A” level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: “Position-Name of Applicant”.
The one pdf file should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.
Applicants are allowed to apply for not more than two posts. Those who applied for the re-advertised jobs, need not to reapply except if they have now acquired requisite qualifications.
Deadline: 16th April 2023