Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing Fin Tech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Job Summary: M-KOPA is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated IT intern to join our team. The IT intern will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals in the field of information technology and gain hands-on experience in various aspects of IT operations. This internship is designed to provide the intern with an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge and develop their skills in a professional setting.
You will be based in our office in Kampala, however, you will be required to support our satellite offices too, which are based in Kampala area, by offering remote or on-site support.
For this role you will be required to have the availability to work minimum of 15 to 20 hours per.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the maintenance of computer hardware, software, and networking systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to hardware, software, and network systems.
- Provide technical support to end-users.
- Help with software installations, updates, and configurations.
- Perform routine backups of data and maintain data archives.
- Assist in the documentation of IT policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new IT projects.
- You will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a professional setting.
- You will receive mentoring and training from experienced IT professionals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- You are currently enrolled in a degree program in computer science, information technology, or a related field; or you may be self-taught or have hands-on IT experience.
- Familiar with computer hardware, software, and networking systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Analytically minded and have good experience in IT troubleshooting.
- Good communicator.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.