JOB TITLE: Senior Investment Manager – Industry
REPORTS TO: Director Investment
SUPERVISES: Investment Managers
SCALE: UDBL 03
LOCATION: Head Office
The jobholder will manage the operations of the Industry Unit within the Investment Directorate; by providing leadership for the delivery of the Bank’s Industrialization strategy, nurturing and managing stakeholder and customer relationships, actively prospecting for business opportunities in line with UDBL’s purpose and High Impact Goals, and in liaison with the Director Investment, plan and lead the implementation of initiatives & activities to facilitate the achievement of the Bank’s strategic objectives.
The position holder is accountable for the overall performance of the Industry Unit within the Investment Directorate.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Investment Manager Industry will be responsible for;
• Delivering the Bank’s Industrialization strategy
• Supporting the Director Investment to develop business strategies and plans that facilitate achievement of UDB’s mission and goals, and through the respective sector Investment Managers, delivering on the approved plans, including timely implementation of related initiatives
• Driving overall portfolio growth within the assigned business sectors, in furtherance of the Bank’s High Impact Goals, including effectively managing the qualitative and quantitative growth of the Bank’s investment portfolio across all sectors
Building and managing sustainable relations with key stakeholders and strategic partners to facilitate sustained business growth
• Proactively soliciting and managing feedback from customers, clients and other stakeholders, and implementing informed actions to address any emerging issues
• Developing and leading initiatives to enhance efficiency within the Unit, including the regular review of the policy and process environment, and proposing any relevant amendments that optimize efficiency and customer experience
• Collaborating with other departments to build, implement guidelines, procedures, standards, work processes, manuals, metrics, and other methodologies for a successful and comprehensive credit management system and other related programs in the bank.
• Working closely with various teams to track and ensure programs are aligned to the institutional strategy and frameworks, and provide feedback on/address areas of deviation
• Undertaking timeous and accurate reporting (periodic and ad-hoc)
on performance the performance of the Bank’s Investment portfolio,
budget monitoring among others, to guide decision-making and/or fulfilling stakeholder reporting requirements.
• Any other such duties that may be assigned by his/her supervisor and/or Management from time to time.
• Providing expertise, advice, and training to all staff within the investment directorate to build their understanding of Development finance, conditions and standards to ensure that programs are delivered with minimized compliance risk; and work collaboratively with relevant departments to train and build capacity of staff.
• Direct the development of work plans and budgets for direct reports, and inspire a high-performance culture within the team
• Consistently monitor and review the performance of all staff under his/her supervision, address any performance shortfalls and/or recommend/implement, in conjunction with HR, appropriate performance enhancement interventions
• Develop, in conjunction with each direct report, the respective individual development plan; provide continuous coaching and lead the implementation of each team member’s individual development plan
• Annually review and update individual job accountabilities and performance targets for all direct reports; ensure alignment to the department’s strategic plan and the Bank’s business plan
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY
• In consultation with the Director Investment, make decisions and take action on issues concerning the team within the Directorate.
• Direct investments in the bank in line with UDB’s High Impact Goals
• Draft related policies, strategies and plans, for management consideration, and influence management on to take appropriate decisions/courses of action with regard to the various business sectors
• Sign documents in line with the Bank’s delegation of authority matrix
• Approve expenditure and other requests within approval mandate
• Participate in the hire and disciplining of direct reports
• Shall be a member of various Management Committees as may be assigned/mandated by EXCO or the Director Investment
Internally: All UDB Departments
Externally: Key external stakeholders including existing and prospective customers, business associations, among others.
• University degree in business, economics, engineering, or related field of study from a recognized academic institution, plus a numerate
master’s degree in any business field.
• Possession of professional qualifications in the related field of study or membership of a related professional institution or association is desirable.
• Possession of a Finance related certification, project management
and project finance experience will be an added advantage.
• Nine (09) years’ experience of which five (05) should be at Senior management position in a reputable organization. Qualifying candidates, including those with a Banking background must demonstrate thorough understanding of major industry sectors
• Demonstrable experience in managing lending operations, customer relationship and stakeholder management processes, credit structuring, deal origination, project proposal writing, appraisal and/or related processes.
• Strong customer orientation
• Business acumen
• Self-motivated, adaptable, and exhibiting maturity
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Leadership skills complemented by a demonstrable ability to manage a diverse team of professionals
• Strong analytical and financial analysis skills; experience in using financial models is an added advantage
• Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries
• Good negotiation skills with the ability to interact with and influence others.
Closing Date : 28th April, 2023