Job Title: Transport Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
About USAID Project:
Palladium with funding from USAID is currently in the fourth year of implementing the Uganda Health Systems Strengthening (UHSS) Activity. UHSS aims to strengthen Uganda’s health systems through technical assistance to improve leadership, accountability, efficiency, and quality of health services in the key areas of leadership and governance, public financial management, and human resources for health and community health systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the project vehicle daily as assigned and /preapproved by supervisor including on scheduled field trips, project-related trips within Uganda and other driving assignments as required.
- Ensure cleanliness of the assigned vehicle
- Fulfill project reporting requirements and maintain records including vehicle logs, vehicle routing and vehicle condition
- Check assigned vehicle weekly to ensure that it is operational and safe to drive and report any defaults
- Ensure day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle such as checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc.
- Ensure the vehicle has all required registrations /licensing and inspections and that necessary documentation is retained in the vehicle.
- Arrange for repairs and regularly scheduled maintenance of the vehicle
- Pick up and deliver shipments e.g. packages and documents as assigned.
- Arrange for repairs and regularly scheduled maintenance of the vehicle.
- Ensure that the vehicle has all required registration /licensing and inspection and that all necessary documentation is retained with the vehicle.
- Maintain all safety equipment in the vehicle such as first aid, spare tyre, and repair equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Ordinary Level Certificate of Education or its equivalent
- At least four years of project driving experience required; experience working for a U.S. company or NGO in Uganda preferred.
- Valid Uganda Driver’s license and good driving record required
- Experience driving upcountry is required
- Defensive driving or similar course completion is required
- Certification in mechanics or automobile maintenance preferred
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Palladium should apply online at the link below.