Job Title: Marketing Manager
Organisation: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref: HR/STAFF/VAC – 17/04/2023/1
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation and review of UGAFODE (MDI) branding, product development and marketing strategies to enhance services, visibility and awareness by leading the initiative of building institutional identity (public image and brand) and culture of service excellence through embedding UGAFODE values as well as ensuring consistency with UGAFODE’s business goals and external communications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and facilitate the development of the strategic business and annual marketing plans for the institution. These include; brand awareness, digital marketing on all social media platforms including building followers for the institution.
- Cultivate and implement suitable marketing, product strategies and approaches on lending, savings, account opening plus usage and other potential banking products. Contain Marketing, and customer service spend within approved budget and planned annual activities.
- Identify, onboard and grow branch based business in terms of local partnerships, NGOs, Sacco’s and all customers by developing market penetration programs in new areas for institution to meet / exceed sales targets in all products.
- Actively manage the sales team performance including: capacity building of frontline staff (products and services, business generation, etc.), driving results and conduct clients’ awareness campaigns.
- Implement Marketing Campaigns to promote the Brand of UGAFODE through rolling out savings campaign, implement of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs etc.
- Plan and administer the institution’s Sales & Marketing Operations budget, support the development of branch marketing budgets, branch opening, and promotion to strengthen market position and market growth.
- Coordinating the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters to promote the organization as a whole. Develop, pilot, and document new product methodologies ensuring that the products are designed with transformation in mind.
- Drive product awareness to enhance product knowledge across the branches by conducting product awareness sessions and quizzes to all staff so as to drive a cross selling culture in at UGAFODE.
- Organizing and attending events such as conferences, seminars, exhibitions, etc. to track product awareness, perceptions, and needs relating to the products and services for business generation.
- In conjunction with internal stakeholders (HoDs and staff), drive a culture of values appreciation across UGAFODE through sensitization and operationalization of the values and transforming staff attitudes into a culture that serves, sizzles and succeeds in response to the required changes in the MDI sector.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- Professional qualification in Marketing e.g. CIM, Chartered Marketer is desired.
- At least three years of experience in a marketing function in a financial institution handling; marketing, design and branding as a MUST.
- In-depth knowledge of banking i.e. Microfinance operations and products.
- Vast knowledge in Public Relations, Writing, Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Diverse Marketing experience in Product, Social Media and Digital branding and design.
- Excellent market and emotional intelligence.
- Proficiency with software applications including MS Office and Windows-based computer applications.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated, submit an application letter together with an up-to-date CV to our email: email@example.com Save the Documents as Your Full Name & The Job Title you are applying for, the same title should appear in the Email Subject Line. Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources. Applications will be viewed on a rolling basis.
Note: Ladies are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 1st May 2023