Job Title: Senior People Partner
Organisation: ABSA Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
Job Summary: The People Partner works directly with business leaders and other People stakeholders, and provides strategic insights and advisory on all people matters, to drive achievement of business strategy and objectives. The People Partner takes ownership of implementing core Absa people practices and target experiences; and developing and implementing bespoke business people-related solutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy Development and Partnering
- Lead the implementation of a comprehensive People Strategy for business that drives achievement of the business strategy.
- Position the People Function as a strategic people partner, and create strategies and measures to facilitate the People Function’s contribution to achievement of key business performance areas including financial, customer, employee engagement, and transformation.
- Champion the embedding of Absa’s Values and desired Culture in the business.
- Champion the achievement of the overall Absa Group Limited Transformation objectives, including employment equity, diversity and inclusion.
People Function Value Chain ownership
- Provide end to end advisory, coaching, strategy development and implementation across the People Function Value Chain including Talent Acquisition; Onboarding; Learning and Development; Employee Engagement, Wellness and Wellbeing; Performance Management; Retention and Exit.
- Provide end to end advisory, coaching, strategy development and implementation across core Absa People processes including Organisational Design; Strategic Work and Workforce Planning; Succession Management; People Change Management; Compensation, Rewards and Benefits and Employee Relations in line with the Absa Group Limited policies, standards and target experiences.
- Design and implement robust People MI reporting, data analysis and insights generation to facilitate data-driven people planning and decision making
- Use data analytics to diagnose business issues, generate insights and recommend effective solutions.
- Build leadership team and line manager capability in owning and executing the target Absa People experience as a personal and business priority.
- Keep abreast of relevant people trends and best practices, and translate these into valuable insights and high impact actions for the business and broader People community across Absa.
Risk Management and Governance
- Identify and take accountability for all relevant People risks in terms of the AGL Operating Model and Risk Management Framework and ensure that adequate controls and monitoring mechanisms are in place.
- Promote and role model a culture of proactive compliance and risk management within executive and management teams, and the function as a whole.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant for the ABSA Bank Senior People Partner job must hold a Bachelor’s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Human and Social Studies (Required)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join ABSA Group in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 19th April 2023