Job Title: Executive Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities. UWA was established in 1996 and is managed in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200.
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant will provide professional, confidential administrative support to the Executive Director (ED) for the effective performance of his/ her function.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review documents and prepare briefs in regard to meetings, trips, events and other related activities for the Executive Director, follow up action in line with ED’s decision and Organizational procedures.
- Ensure timely preparation of draft reports, briefs, speeches and talking points on various corporate issues for the Executive Director.
- Undertake research on assigned matters and summarize documentation for the Executive Director’s attention.
- Manage the Executive Director’s diary and related logistics to ensure that s/he meets timelines in the execution of his/her duties.
- Act as a liaison officer with the external stakeholders and respond to their inquiries, queries, complaints and provide technical advice to them in conformity with the UWA Act 2019 and organizational procedures.
- Support the ED in organizing, arranging and coordinating Board and Management meetings and matters.
- Organise and arrange for various Board and Management meetings and support the Executive Director in the coordination of BoT activities.
- Coordinate domestic and international travels for the Executive Director.
- Budget and monitor expenditure in ED’s Office and coordinate use of resources in line with financial and operational guidelines.
- Prepare quarterly work plans and timely performance reports for the Executive Director.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Possession of an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management and Administration or Public Administration
- At least three years of experience in office administration, two (2) of which should have been as Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant to a CEO in a reputable organization.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating
- Records and information management
- Managing Employee performance
- Excellent multitasking abilities.
- Professionalism, integrity and honesty
- Team work abilities and cheerful personality
- Customer care
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Effective Problem solving and decision making.
- Ethics and integrity
- Concern for quality and standards
- Time management
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application with a detailed Curriculum Vitae bearing contacts of three (3) competent referees, a daytime telephone contact, copies of academic documents and relevant appointment letters to the address below:
Either: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Executive Director
Uganda Wildlife Authority
Plot 7 Kira Road Kamwokya
P.O. Box 3530, Kampala Uganda
Hand deliver to the UWA Headquarters Central Registry.
Deadline: 30th April 2023 by 5.00 pm.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only ie (Degree Certificates and Transcripts plus O and A level).
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not less than six (6) months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.