Job Title: Account Relationship Manager
Organisation: British Council
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 6,237,933 per month plus benefits
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
Job Summary: The Account Relationship Manager will build relationships, identify needs and enhance opportunities with key accounts to meet business related targets. The role is also required to proactively resolve issues, add value, and ensure delivery on expectations to B2B customers. Daily the role executes the cluster key account strategy and plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out routine monitoring and standard reporting on commercial data involving sales, profitability and/or co-funding and sponsorship opportunities using an agreed set of corporate processes, techniques, and report templates.
- Provides account /country specific input into market intelligence activities, innovation, and business development/marketing plan/targets
- Value adds account extension, cross sell, and retention
- Manages and delivers in year Account Plan
- Using standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity levels and performance data, to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs
- Builds relationships and uses influence to work with others internally to grow the business
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of building relationships, identifying needs and enhancing opportunities with key accounts to meet business related targets.
- Designing and implementing business development or marketing plans in an education sector context.
- Experience of working with UK exam boards.
- Experience of managing relationships with account clients
- Language requirements: English proficiency at C1 level
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Familiarity with school exams (CIE/Edexcel)
- Familiarity with other exams products (IELTS, Aptis)
- University degree in any subject or relevant qualification
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online through the British Council online application system at the link below.
Deadline: 26th April 2023