Job Title: Volunteer Counselor (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Kanungu, Uganda
The Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is an indigenous medical organization that was established in 1991 as a limited liability not-for-profit Joint-venture between the Uganda Ministry of Health (MoH), Ministry of Defense and Makerere University Medical School (now Makerere College of Health Sciences).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with your health facility supervisor and health workers to support provision & access to quality prevention, treatment & care health services through offering quality counseling services to clients in Care.
- Offer quality comprehensive psychological Support services to clients, their family members and the community.
- Work with Village Health Teams (VHTs), linkage facilitators and expert clients to coordinate and ensure newly identified cases are linked & enrolled in care, started on treatment & retained in care and virally suppressed.
- Ensure all clients in care are attached to community health workers & receive contact for all services on a weekly if virally non-suppressed & monthly if suppressed.
- In consultation with supervisors, carry out integrated community outreaches for index clients testing, home based IAC, TB/HIV treatment refills, client follow up and TB/HIV investigation
- Work with facility health workers to sustain a good appointment and follow up system at the facility and the community to ensure patient continuity in care.
- Work closely with health workers and expert clients to coordinate peer support groups and family support group activities and HIV/TB client literacy.
- Engage and refer/link clients to other health, social and para legal services to ensure continuum of care and maintain accurate up to date daily activity logs and report.
- Work with data clerk/HIA to monitor and report on priority prevention, HIV/TB care & treatment and PMTCT/EID indicators essential for tracking patient quality client care.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to your supervisor for the wellbeing of the patient.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an HIV/AIDS Counselling Certificate
- Diploma in Counselling and Guidance or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning will be an added advantage.
- At least one year of relevant experience in HIV counselling preferably rural health facilities
- Additional medical training in nursing or midwifery will be an added advantage
- Good communication skills and counselling skills
- Knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the local language.
NB: Residents of the above district or nearby areas are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All applications must be addressed to: Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda and send to email@example.com Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 26th April 2023 at 05:00Pm