Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: United Bank for Africa (UBA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
United Bank for Africa (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in twenty (20) countries and three (3) global financial centers: London, Paris and New York. UBA has evolved into a PanAfrican, provider of banking and related financial services through diverse channels globally. United Bank for Africa Uganda represents UBA’s pioneer country activities in the East and Southern African sub-region. With a growing network of branches and ATMs across the country, the bank continues to expand the retail and commercial playing field in Uganda by delivering unique financial products and solutions.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will actively contribute to the Internal Audit (IA) function by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of Risk Management, Control & Governance processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in opening meetings with departments to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement to auditees and provide an overview of all steps in the audit process.
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes in flowcharts and/or process narratives.
- Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the business processes.
- Develop a risk-based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology.
- Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional IIA standards.
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives.
- Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings.
- Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies. Organize and reference work papers for review chief Internal Auditor.
- Participate in closing meetings with audited departments at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues.
- Preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the branch/department and senior management.
- Assists the Chief Internal Auditor in the development of the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Perform consulting services for management through participation in projects designed to introduce new and/or changing processes, products or facilities.
- Provide value added recommendations to mitigate both project and end state risks.
- Develops and maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization, including Senior Management and Audit Committee of the Board. Conducts investigations of suspected internal fraud.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a second class upper (or equivalent) in Accounting, Banking & Finance or related discipline from a reputable university.
- A recognized professional designation in Accounting or Internal Auditing (ACCA, CIA or CISA). Full membership of CPA is required.
- Three to five years of experience in Audit (in the Financial Services Industry preferred) Comprehensive and current knowledge of legislation applicable to banks ie FIA
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Regulatory compliance Industry
- Knowledge Banking operation
- Product / Service Knowledge
- Business Risk Management
- Credit Analysis
- Accounting and Tax Decision Making
- Facilitation / Knowledge sharing
- Good interpersonal Relationship & Communication
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send CV, application letter and copies of academic certificates via Email addressed to;
Head Human Capital
United Bank for Africa
Plot 2, Jinja Road
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24th April 2023