Job Title: Financial Controller
Organisation: Uganda National Airlines Company Limited
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Uganda Airlines is the flag carrier of Uganda. The company is a revival of the older Uganda Airlines which operated from 1977 until 2001. It began flying in August 2019.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cash flow management is monitored on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure compliance with accounting framework, tax, and regulatory requirements as laid out in the finance policy and manual.
- Conduct periodic balance sheet reconciliations for review and recommend appropriate actions to be taken.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of annual budgets including operating and capital expenditure budgets.
- Ensure reporting of accurate monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial results within the set timelines.
- Ensure periodic reconciliation of ledgers and sub-ledgers and maintain the integrity of the general ledger.
- Ensure debtor and creditor reconciliations within the agreed timelines.
- Ensure timely preparation of airlines’ banking transactions.
- Manage both internal and external audits with high levels of efficiency and ensure performance within committed timelines.
- Manage petty cash across both the Head office and all outstations.
- Ensure proper maintenance of finance and accounting records, including oversight on fixed assets management.
- Ensure that payments for purchases or services received is made to suppliers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor and ensure proper control over the sales collection bank account. Ensure that bank reconciliation is prepared on a timely basis.
- Check the monthly sales and refund reports of country offices, sales agents, GSAs, and BSPs. Ensure proper accounting of these reports and provide management with status reports about their outstanding debts.
- Ensure that passengers are given proper attention in the matter of making refunds.
- Advising revenue departments on all revenue figures as regulated by Finance Department.
- Review ADMs outstanding for the station in Station/HDQ books and follow up with the agents for recovery.
- Discuss the receivable status with the station head on a periodical basis and highlight the areas of concern to the station head.
- Obtain guarantees from agents and GSAs- and ensure compliance as per agreement.
- Oversee responses to agents, GSA, and BSP queries as far as it relates to financial matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University degree or equivalent. Professional Accounting qualification is an added advantage (CA/CPA/CMA/CFA).
- At least three to five years of experience in a similar position. Airline experience in expenditure and revenue accounting is preferable.
- Possess good tax and accounting knowledge.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Uganda Airlines in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 2nd May 2023