Job Title: Accounts Assistant (5 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: FHI 360
Duty Station: Masaka, Uganda
FHI 360 is an international non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Job Summary: As part of efforts to strengthen health system in the 59 District Local Governments (DLGS), EPIC Uganda Project is seeking to recruit five Accounts Assistants on a fixed term basis. The five (5) Accounts Assistants will support the strengthening of DLGs capacity in Public Finance Management (PFM) and good practices. The Accounts Assistants will specifically contribute to the strengthening of the DLGs financial accountabilities and other support designed to:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Public Financial Management Consultants (PFMC) and ensure that DLGs meets their accountability commitments. o Assisting DLGs to make and submit accurate budgetary control and financial reporting in compliance with their internal control system.
- Support RRH staff and DHMTS to ensure that the internal controls provide an appropriate level of financial accountability and compliance with Ministry of Health and donors’ financial instructions.
- Supporting DLGS in budget formulation, implementation, and review
- Supporting USAID and other key stakeholders provide technical assistance to the Government of Uganda (GOU) through Ministry of Health (MOH) and other key stakeholders.
- Take part in TA planning and implementation activities aimed at Take p strengthening the financial management systems of donor funds including the Global fund, CDS, WHO, UNICEF etc.
- Helping DLGs to reduce the lead time for payments, establish standards, and improved payments records management to meet GOU and donor standards with attention to accuracy.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or part qualified CPA, ACCA, or CIMA
- At least one year of work experience in finance, accounting, or audit at DLG or USAID project
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills at junior management level. o Experience in managing development related assignments such as USAID, WHO, UNICEF, Global fund or CDS will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS); principles and accepted practices of Government of Uganda (GOU) with regards to finance, accounting, budgeting, and reporting; as well as governmental and not-for-profit accounting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Knowledge of development principles, concepts, and practices, especially as they relate to performing audits of development especially d programs and projects.
- Knowledge of Public Financial Management systems for MDAs, Internal Control Framework, International auditing standards and related areas.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction accurately. o Analytical thinker and problem solver.
- High level of accuracy.
- Trustworthy and discreet when dealing with confidential information.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified individuals should submit their applications with CV, and copies of Academic Certificates to: Uganda.firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title or “Accounts Assistant” in the subject line. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th April 2023