Job Title: Social Package Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, more reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Contractor Social Compliance:
- Ensure delivery of comprehensive onboarding of contractors and subcontractors in field prior to commencement of activities
- Design, plan and implement an assurance framework for Contractor and Subcontractor social management including development of systems, procedures and processes tailored to risk.
- Establish functional relationship with Contract/Package Managers and contractors and subcontractors to align on scope of work, risk, social management obligations, capacity and resource requirements and Contractor and Company assurance
- Risk Categorization: Review of Contractor Scope of Work and contract social exhibits to extract contractor social obligations and assign risk categorization to Contractor, thereby informing intensity of field assurance.
- Ensure contractors apply the defined social standards and ensure that international best practice, company guidelines and sustainable development requirements are implemented and address non-compliance with corrective actions and escalation as required.
- Work with contractors to align on design and development of Social Management Plans and review and approve such documents prior to their mobilization to field. Follow up to ensure that plans are operationalized into impactful programs.
- In consultation and coordination with Contractors and Subcontractors align on awareness requirements associated with the design, planning and execution of the social management programs.
- Manage Social Compliance assessment of contractors, gathering and analyzing available information to identify gaps against specific obligations and relevant standards.
- Identify, propose, and monitor implementation of appropriate mitigation measures for risks and impacts.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report to stakeholders on management of the social obligations of Contractors and Subcontractors as required.
- Coordinate with internal functions responsible for related areas – stakeholder engagement for introduction and facilitation of contractor work in project affected villages; national content and local recruitment and procurement of goods and services; CSR for coordination of Contractor CSR activities; HR and HSE for periodic assurance/audit activities.
- Lead knowledge sharing, learning, and development of the social compliance team; and knowledge sharing across the organization.
- Report on social compliance across the project.
- Manage Contractor Social Compliance teams, support their development, and provide them with the necessary tools to effectively deliver project compliance objectives.
Social Management Plans
- Implement framework for project design, planning, execution, and monitoring & evaluation
- Ensure contracting and performance management of Third-Party Service Providers delivering commitments set out in social management plans
- Review program scopes of work against approved Social Management Plans and revise as appropriate to manage project social risks and impacts.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other related functional areas included socio-economic development, CSR and national content.
- Engage effectively and report to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and develop the capacity of teams to effectively manage impactful projects, within the time and budget allocated.
- Any other activities appropriate to the effective management of project social risks and impacts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Professional experience (8years) in any combination of audit, compliance, contract management, or social performance preferably with focus on labor and working conditions.
- Awareness, knowledge, and experience in the design, planning and execution of compliance processes
- Knowledge of social compliance standards
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain good relations with Contractors and Subcontractors.
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work with multiple teams in a complex and multicultural environment
- Good teamwork, strong minded, good analytical and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain good relations with Contractors and Subcontractors and relevant internal (social performance, national content, human resources, HSE and construction team) and external stakeholders (various levels of Government of Uganda)
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software Ability to work with multiple teams in a complex and multicultural environment
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.