Job Title: Senior Manager, Voluntary Business
Organisation: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself as the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice, providing exceptional customer service and better operations with a well-motivated and skilled workforce, we are looking to recruit persons with high integrity and dedication to work with us.
Job Summary: The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Senior Manager, Voluntary Business will develop a voluntary business unit to attract, recruit, grow, and manage voluntary membership in line with the provisions of the existing laws. This role will liaise and coordinate with different stakeholders within the formal and informal sectors to drive social security uptake and improve public awareness in relation to saving.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a business strategy to grow the formal and informal voluntary membership.
- Design and track the voluntary business section’s strategic plans and ensure they are aligned with the departmental strategy.
- Liaise and coordinate with Regional Business Units to support voluntary membership/employer recruitment.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the voluntary team to enhance high performance.
- Collaborate with the product development teams in developing value prepositions for voluntary members.
- Establish value-adding partnerships with key interest social groups and stakeholders to increase voluntary membership
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to promote voluntary saving within the
- formal and informal sectors.
- Develop and implement voluntary public awareness campaigns targeting the formal and
- informal sector to drive savings.
- Develop initiatives to enhance voluntary compliance.
- Assess own performance and seek feedback to improve performance.
- Initiate solution development efforts aimed at business process improvement in the key delivery channels.
- Conduct competitor analysis to keep sight of industrial best practices.
- Develop growth forecasts and strategies to grow the business.
- Conduct market analysis to identify opportunities for growth.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Senior Manager, Voluntary Business job placement must hold a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or Finance and other business-related courses
- A master’s degree in Business administration, Economics or Finance and any other business-related courses
- A professional qualification in Business, Finance or Commerce is an added advantage
- At least ten years of experience in a similar busy commercial environment of which 5 years should be in a senior managerial role.
- Demonstrable experience setting up and developing new lines of business
- Experience in Sales, Insurance, Banking, Customer Experience, or related fields
- Commitment & Integrity
- Proactivity & Innovation
- Getting Work Done
- Relationship Building
- Communicating and Influencing
- Resilience & Resourcefulness
- Thinking and Problem Analysis
- Strategy management
- Customer Relationship management
- Stakeholder management
- Market Analysis
How to Apply:
All Interested individuals should Click Here to fill out the application form and also send copies of their application letter, curriculum vitae and academic qualifications, addressed to the Chief of People and Culture to email@example.com
Women are encouraged to apply. Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to the automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Deadline: 10th May 2023