Job Title: Finance Manager Operations
Organization: Movit Products Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Head of Finance
Movit Products Limited (MPL) is a leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturing Company in Africa with operations in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. Movit Products Limited manufactures healthy beauty hair, skin and nail care products aimed at empowering every person to face life with confidence.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager Operations will be tasked with the maintenance of accurate financial records, assist in the production of in-country reports and accounts, and maintain and develop an effective system of controls and an organizational culture that strategically manages risk.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reports.
- Maintenance of acceptable accounting records of the financial transactions and results
- Ensure all financial controls are completed and signed off pertaining to financial accounting.
- Manage the maintenance of acceptable accounting records of the financial transactions and results
- Take lead to support HOF in month-end, quarterly, bi- annual and year-end close processes.
- Ensure compliance to IFRS
- Act as a liaison with internal and external auditors
- Coordinate the preparation of internal/ external audit requests in line with any usual/ ad hoc requirements and support timely responses/ implementation of approved audit recommendations.
- Investigate and follow-up on discrepancies of audit reports
- Manage the provision of accurate and timely monthly financial data pertaining to financial accounting
- Ensure compliance with existing taxation laws, policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate and completed tax filing and assessments
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and responsible for monthly reporting of budgets versus actuals for all fixed and variable costs across units and flagging issues/ highlighting sustainable cost saving opportunities.
- Reporting on ageing of stocks and receivables, including receivables collections.
- Ensure government compliance in all financial tasks
- Suggest process improvements focusing on improving performance indicators.
- Drive standardisation and subsequent automation of repetitive tasks and reporting requirements.
- Conduct monthly reviews of wage cost and report on all discrepancies
- Full ownership and responsibility for integrity of the master data framework and chart of accounts.
- Full Ownership of complete General ledger including accurate & timely TB reconciliations of all ledger accounts and maintenance of documentation and qualitative commentary.
- Ensure process adherence in all financial transactions and reporting.
- Responsible for accurate data entry (including processes to ensure the same) & all subsequent reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with all Internal financial and accounting policies and guidelines including authorisation matrixes by driving zero tolerance on controllable losses.
- Support the in-country Budget Process as per the set guidelines.
- Monitor and control the allocated budget
- Identify the Finance Operations risks, their various mitigations and keep track of them.
- Ensure Movit Group policies and regulatory compliance in execution of treasury activities.
- Adherence to all Movit Group and In Country Policies and Procedures.
- Prepare and submit Bank Reconciliation reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field. Accounting Professional is mandatory.
- At least six to eight years of relevant experience in FMCG, Manufacturing industry.
- Experience of financial accounting, controlling and risk management.
- Must be of unquestionable integrity, Honesty, Trustworthiness and Professionalism
- Must be a team player
- Must be a self-starter and have an appreciation of business growth and priorities.
- Strong Leadership potential to effectively drive a business agenda and operational coordination of activities.
- Advanced experience with MS Office and SAP ERP.
- Knowledge of In Country Tax Regulations
- International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) knowledge
- Strong understanding of Finance Operations.
- Analytical Skills
- Business Acumen
- Audit Management Skills
- Self-Starter & Action Oriented
- Ability to harness peer Relationships
- Agile and Driven
- Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their updated CV to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please indicate the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th April 2023