Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Finance & Admin Manager
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is an international non-profit human development organization on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. Join us in our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring that goods and services are competitively procured and in compliance with the donor(s), EGPAF, and statutory regulations. The Officer will at all times seek maximum value for money for EGPAF and ensure that goods and services are procured in time and deliveries made according to agreed terms and conditions. He/she will be responsible for the maintenance of accurate, up-to-date, and complete records in required formats for all procurement transactions. In addition, the officer will be responsible for ensuring that all invoices are properly supported and reviewed before submitting them to finance for payment consideration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out procurement processes in time and line with EGPAF’s laid down policies, donor(s) regulations, and applicable statutory provisions.
- Prepare formal invitations for bids and requests for quotations, including required special terms and conditions, performance, and technical criteria.
- Organize, moderate, and document procurement committee deliberations.
- Track orders and confirm system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Ensure that the procurement processes are executed through EGPAF’s approved online system.
- Prepare weekly management procurement and logistics reports and any other ad hoc reports as may be required from time to time by the management.
- Ensure that all the vendors that EGPAF does business with are properly registered and are subjected to proper due diligence processes including Bridger/watchlist checks.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions aimed at achieving efficiencies in procurement and logistics processes.
- Advise/update the senior leadership and the procurement review committee on emerging procurement and logistics issues.
- Ensure that invoices are properly supported before payment consideration.
- Facilitate good mutual business relationships with suppliers/vendors.
- Maintain up-to-date procurement documents filing system.
- Support the preparation of annual and ad hoc procurement plan processes.
- Carry out any other duties reasonably assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and logistics management, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least five years of progressive hands-on experience in procurement and logistics preferably with an international NGO.
- Mandatory Relevant professional membership.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems or any relevant procurement business solutions systems.
- Good understanding of USAID Rules and Regulations and Uganda procurement laws.
- Strong attention to detail, and sound technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to take sound meeting minutes.
- High level of integrity.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to take self-initiatives and solve problems.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Good understanding of and experience in the international development sector.
- Training in computer applications is required plus a good working knowledge of computers with the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, IT savvy etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse social and cultural environment.
NB: No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 3rd May 2023