Organisation: Kyambogo University
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Kyambogo University is a public university in Uganda. It is one of the eight public universities and degree-awarding institutions in the country.
Job Summary: The position of Graduate Trainee is a training position to assist senior academic staff in conducting tutorials and other academic duties. At this level, the Graduate Trainee is expected to be mentored into teaching and research while she/he attains further qualifications for appointment to higher positions. They must, therefore, be prepared to pursue and attain a Master’s degree in the relevant field within a stipulated period of 2 years.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Graduate Trainee will be responsible to the Lecturer for:
- Preparing and conducting tutorials for undergraduate students.
- Conducting guided Lectures under the supervision of senior academic staff
- Marking and grading students’ scripts under the guidance of senior academic staff.
- Tutorials for undergraduate students were conducted.
- Guided lectures conducted under the supervision of senior academic staff.
- Students’ script marked and graded under the supervision and guidance of senior academic staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Applicant must have studied and graduated with an Honours Bachelor’s degree from Kyambogo University within the last five years.
- She/he should not be more than 30 years of age at the time of application.
- She/he must have attained an Honours Bachelor’s Degree with First Class or Second-Class Upper Division in the relevant discipline (as specified in the vacancy list}.
- Must be proficient in using relevant computer packages that will enable her/ him support blended learning.
- Should have good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a person of high integrity.
- Must be ready to be mentored for an academic career relevant to the department with critical staffing needs.
- Prior enrolment for a Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications together with the following online:
- A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified Copies of academic transcripts, certificates and professional qualifications, if any.
- Names and addresses of three referees.
- Copy of National Identity Card or birth certificate or relevant page of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
- A Sealed hard copy of the application should also be submitted to the Directorate of Human Resources, Admission Block, second floor, records office.
Deadline: Friday 29th May 2023 by 5:00 p.m. East African Time
NOTE: This Advert targets persons who studied and graduated from Kyambogo University within the last five years and applications from persons who did not graduate from Kyambogo University will not be accepted/considered.