Job Title: Claims Executive (Fresher Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy, and people.
Job Summary: We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Claims Executive to join our Claims Operation team-based Kampala, Uganda. This is the perfect role for someone with a background in insurance claims or having previously worked in an Insurer /Broker claim’s role OR one looking to join an established, market leading insurance broker working claims and clients.
What can you expect?
- Full on the job training
- A platform to build on existing knowledge and an opportunity to learn new skills in a continuous improvement environment
- To build and maintain an excellent rapport with our clients, providers, and colleagues across the Group
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactive Management of an allocated caseload which includes complex and high value cases.
- Ensure all Client requests and queries are dealt with promptly and accurately.
- To gather all relevant claims information & documentation.
- Provide claims guidance to clients managing expectations and ensuring that they are kept informed and advised of all necessary developments.
- To action all new claims & report to the relevant insurers within applicable SLA’s & KPI’s.
- Effective communication with all key stakeholders attending internal meetings representing claims
- Build and manage effective internal and external relationships with all involved parties.
- Proactive diary task management.
- Ensure all files are maintained and data capture accurate and up to date.
- Produce claims reports as required.
- To ensure all regulatory process requirements are adhered to.
- Process claims in accordance with Marsh professional standards and requirements.
- Ensure claims are accurately reserved.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma or university degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- One year of work experience
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills (English)
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent organization skills – able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to work within a team
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (or equivalent) – Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
What makes you stand out:
- Previous claims handling experience, with either an Insurer or Broker
- Insurance qualifications or a willingness to study for and obtain
- A genuine keenness to build a career within the insurance industry
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Marsh should apply online at the link below.