Job Title: Data Analyst
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services such as food and grocery delivery to keep Africa moving forward.
Job Summary: The Analytics Team is looking for a highly motivated Data Analyst; a committed, and hardworking individual with high integrity to support them. The data analyst will become an expert in the data sources, models, and needs of specific parts of the business, and ensure stakeholders have access to accurate and up-to-date metrics. They will also use various reports and visualizations to present historical trends, user behavior, and product insights, and collaborate with departments to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze large amounts of data using PostgreSQL, Python, Excel, and other tools
- Develop and optimize SQL functions for data analysis
- Use various tools (PowerBI, Looker Studio, Metabase, etc) to create data visualizations for stakeholders
- Work with the data engineering team to ensure data quality and accuracy
- Implement version control and follow best practices for reproducible analyses
- Adhere to the Agile development philosophy and participate in regular sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Collaborate with the operations, marketing, and product teams to identify key metrics and KPIs
- Use statistical analysis and modeling techniques to identify trends and patterns in the data
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and e gains
- Monitor and track the performance of our services and provide regular reports to management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Two years of experience in data analysis or related field
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with large datasets.
- Experience with managing PostgreSQL database systems.
- Experience with building and maintaining open-source data pipeline solutions.
- Python skills and experience with data visualization libraries such as Matplotlib, Seaborn, or Plotly.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Knowledge of Agile development practices and experience working in a sprint-based environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to automate data tasks using advanced programming languages like Google App Script or Python is a plus.
- Experience in the ride-hailing or transportation industry is a plus.
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact,
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
- Competitive salary
- SafeBoda transport & lunch every day
- A supportive team environment with mentorship from SafeBoda leadership
How to Apply:
All prospective candidates should send Email their applications with the subject head as “Data Analyst Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you would like to take this role and with your CV/Resume attached.
Deadline: 1st May 2023 by 11:59 pm. EAT