Job Title: Driver (3 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: John Snow, Inc. (JSI)
Duty Station: Arua (2 Jobs), Moroto (1 Job), Uganda
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals aged communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
Job Summary: The Driver is a full-time position based in Arua or Moroto. They will be responsible for transporting staff and vehicle maintenance and will be reporting to the Operations Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safety of all passengers and property while providing transportation services.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicle.
- Perform daily inspections of vehicles and maintain accurate vehicle logs to record fuel consumption, mileage, repairs, and other reports as required.
- Inform the Operations Officer, in writing, in a timely manner of all accidents, breakdowns, mechanical failures, faulty equipment or suspected defective or malfunctioning equipment
- Be capable of providing minor mechanical services to the vehicle
- Understand and be capable of providing first aid, including CPR in the event of an accident.
- Strictly adhere to organizational policies and procedures and be capable of informing other staff of policies.
- Strictly follow Ugandan law in terms of transportation regulations (seatbelt usage, licensing, procedures to report accidents):
- Ensure vehicles are used for project purposes only and any irregularities or misuse is reported.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality during working hours:
- Assist Activity staff with trainings and workshops.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record;
- Minimum of an O’ Level certificate of Education
- Five or more years of experience working as a driver in any of the locations (West Nile/ Moroto)
- Experience working with a donor-funded project is an added advantage/preferred;
- Knowledge of scope of the above assignment will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of basic auto repair/mechanics and defensive driving is an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills and professionally interact with partners and clients;
- Ability to communicate in English; and
- Reading and writing skills to complete administrative tasks and perform other duties Women and men with the required experience are encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs with cover letters to: email@example.com
Deadline: 12th May 2023