Job Title: CMR and Logistics Officer (Maternity Cover)
Organisation: British Council
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 3,199,036.00 plus benefits
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
Job Summary: The purpose of the CMR and Logistics Officer role is to ensure effective and efficient delivery of Exams. To manage Venue Supervisor engagement, relationship, and performance. To co-ordinate and manage any risk or issue resolution, including co-ordination of customer communication directly or through customer services. To be point of contact for Venues/Venue Supervisors on the day. This role will be required to work test days which will involve weekend work as part of the contracted hours.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes the related planning and delivery functions in preparation for Test Days in line with BC processes
- Receives instructions and requests from cluster operations, 5 days before Test Day itself and plans and organises given resources accordingly (often at short notice) to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively
- Undertakes sorting and packing of exam materials for designated test venues.
- Receives and responds to enquiries from/to customers and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly
- Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times.
- Builds an understanding of who’s who within the wider region to enable effective resolution of issues when they arise
- Ensures adherence to CMR standards and management as set forth and carries out frequent random checks to proactively prevent issues from arising.
- Uses standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity such as venue staff performance to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
- Plans and prioritises own work activities, which span across a range of different work streams, responding to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a weekly/monthly time horizon.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University degree in any subject or relevant qualification
- Experience working in a busy operational environment delivering high levels of customer service.
- Ability to ensure compliance, risk and security standards are monitored and maintained.
- Experience of supporting delivery of computer-based exams
- Experience working in exams
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online through the British Council online application system at the link below.
Deadline: 17th May 2023