Organisation: I&M Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
I&M Bank is a leading banking and insurance group in Eastern Africa with a presence in Kenya, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. I&M Bank Uganda is a commercial bank headquartered at Kampala Road plot 6/6A with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers.
Job Summary: The Customer Service Officer will build, cultivate and support business relationships with potential/existing customers and translate those relationships into profitable business for the Bank
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the customer service agenda by demonstrating great customer experience while serving customers at the centre
- Drive adoption and usage of digital channels and ensure to do so through the support of channels at the digital pod
- Increase product holding per customer through identifying customer needs and proactively seeking to provide solutions to meet the identified needs
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of strategies necessary to reactivate dormant /inactive accounts and sustain existing accounts.
- Receive customer instructions, enquiries such as Standing Order, Instant Statement, Stopped Cheque/Account, Safe Deposit applications and deliver them to relevant staff for processing.
- Build and consolidate pleasant relationship with the bank’s customers and maintain good disposition towards all customers to ensure the Bank retains the existing accounts.
- Liaise with bank staff to facilitate customer service delivery and to reduce service delivery bottlenecks.
- Regularly contact customers via telephone calls to obtain feedback on service quality and customer satisfaction levels.
- Always contact customer timely to pick their debit cards and cheque books when delivered at the Centre.
- Attend to all customer inquiries/requests; guide customers and liaise with the different functions to ensure customer satisfactions.
- Identify service improvement opportunities through interaction with customers and communicate improvement recommendations to the relevant functions.
- Manage access to the Customer Service desk such that access is restricted to prospective account holders and customers to prevent leakage of information to strangers.
- Ensure timely resolution of customer complaints and issues.
- Assist customers in the account opening process based on compliance and KYC procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a first degree in any field or its equivalent in any relevant discipline
- One to three years of relevant work experience preferably in a banking industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the bank’s products and services in relation to the competition.
- Relationship management Skills.
- Marketing/networking Skills.
- Professional disposition.
- Problem solving skills.
- Result Orientation.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Relevant communication skills
- Understanding of basic electronic banking trends and developments
- Highly Customer Centric
- Has empathy for the customers situation
- Works accurately and with eye for detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 8th May 2023