Organisation: War Child Holland (WCH)
Salary Range: UGX Gross (2,400,000 – 3,694,690) /=
Duty Station: West Nile, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader
NB: Only Apply if you know how to ride a motorbike and have a valid riding license Class A.
War Child Holland (WCH) is an independent and impartial international non-governmental organization, investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. War Child is a dynamic organization with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We strive to empower children and young people while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict-affected children and young people.
Job Summary: The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer mainly monitors activities of projects in West Nile/South Western Uganda. The M&E officer is responsible for compiling reports and maintaining updated records of project progress including updated beneficiary tables. The position involves timely and systematic collection and analyses of data as well as providing accurate information for report writing to the line manager. The M&E Officer position is based in West Nile/ South Western Region of Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Support in the implementation of M&E tools as per WCH Standards
- Responsible for the effective and efficient implementing M&E policies and strategies according to WCH methodology at field level.
- Responsible for proper and clear dissemination of M&E tools to the beneficiaries and partners and conduct training on them.
- Maintain confidentiality, security of data and ensured strict adherence to ethics of data management as per WCH standards.
- Assist in identifying training needs in the area of M&E at level for the project team.
Responsible for monthly/quarterly data collection/reporting on progress of the projects.
- Responsible for monthly data collection/reporting on progress of the projects to line manager.
- Ensured data reliability by reviewing, identify possible errors, follow-up and ensure data is cleaned and valid regularly.
- Maintain an accurate and updated database for all beneficiaries at field level.
- Ensure accurate profiling of all beneficiaries is done timely.
- Suggest additional/appropriate methods of data collection when required.
- Backup all M&E databases and results to a database/external hard drive provided on a weekly basis.
- Conduct data quality audit regularly
- Collect quantitative feedback from partners and project stakeholders on implementation.
Participate in conducting base line surveys for report writing.
- Assist in contributing baseline surveys for new proposals when required.
- Assist in conducting qualitative feedback on project implementation.
- Any other duties as assigned by your line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in M&E, Statistics, social science or any other related field.
- One year of experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- One year of experience of working on humanitarian or development projects, preferably focusing on at least one of the following areas: psychosocial support, child protection, education.
- Experience of working with an INGO/NGO is desirable.
- Know how to ride a motorbike and in possession of a valid riding licence is a MUST
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring & evaluation tools.
- Strong social and communicative skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong reporting and writing skills.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Attention to detail with strong follow up.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to work efficiently independently.
- Ability to network, lobby, and advocate on behalf of War Child Holland.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.