Job Title: Collections Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pezesha is an online marketplace for business loans. We connect MSMEs to affordable working capital and other financial services through a collaborative approach with capital providers such as banks, MFIs and other Financial Institutions or networks. We have two main propositions: (i) Direct MSME lending (where we acquire each customer on an individual basis and use a scorecard approach for evaluating MSMEs), and (ii) Merchant Financing (where we integrate into the processes of organisations with large networks of merchants and use of proprietary credit scoring technology to assess and offer credit as a value-add to those merchants).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Owning the delinquent portfolio assigned to you, including constant management and follow-ups of repayments.
- Able to respond to caller concerns and difficulties with a sense of empathy and understanding, but also able to firmly request that each borrower make his or her due payment or make some arrangements to begin paying off the delinquent account.
- Keeping our databases, dashboards and spreadsheets up-to-date with the status of the loan records.
- Being the bridge between the customer and Pezesha by seeking feedback from the customer and suggesting product and process improvements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Two years of work experience in the collections department of a lending organisation
- Experience in a high-growth environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be able to set up payment plans based on information provided by the borrower.
- Flexibility towards working hours as sometimes calls and visits may need to be done on weekends.
- High level of interpersonal maturity, hardworking, and professionalism.
- Excellent time management and personal organisation.
- Team player who demonstrates a positive attitude, energy, dedication to collaboration and patience and works with the highest levels of integrity.
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders based remotely or in different timezones.
- Good MS Office skills.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF: COLLECTIONS OFFICER-KAMPALA 2023). Please note that for now only candidates based in Kampala, Uganda will be considered for the role. The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title and where they are currently based in the email body will be automatically disqualified.
Deadline: 8th June 2023