Business Segment: Group Functions
Location: UG, Central Region, Kampala, Hannington Road 17
Job Type: Full-time
Job ID: 60051840_80332020
Date Posted: 23/05/2023
To enable the execution of Compliance Risk Management processes and activities within a specific business/functional area, to ensure that the area is undertaken in a compliant manner to avoid operational losses, fines, penalties, or reputational damage to the bank
• Review compliance frameworks, standards, and procedures in the context of a functional area and advise on their customization or amendment, where necessary.
• Maintain and align the compliance manual to ensure it is appropriate for the unique regulatory requirements of a functional area.
• Review compliance training material to ensure that it is appropriate for the needs of the functional area therefore providing sufficient understanding and awareness compliance requirements within the relevant area of operations and deliver bespoke face-to-face training where required.
• Keep abreast of and analyze regulatory and legislative developments, applicable across the business unit in order to deliver expert advice to relevant stakeholders.
• Analyse the operational activities within a functional area to identify compliance risks and therefore ensure adherence to the relevant Stanbic Bank Uganda compliance frameworks and standards.
• Completes and contributes to compliance reports as required by various governance structures, committees, and regulations, particularly regarding the compliance performance of the business unit.
• Strive to influence a continual reduction in costs within the areas under control to ensure that service delivered remains cost-effective and efficient.
• An Undergraduate / First Degree in Business Commerce, Legal, Audit or any other relevant field
• 3 years experience t in Compliance with a sound knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements and upcoming developments
• Bank Experience and a solid understanding of banking products and activities.
• Complete the required regulatory qualification as required by the role (e.g., Certified Data Protection Officer (CDPO), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)
• Adopting Practical Approaches
• Articulating Information
• Checking Details
• Convincing People
• Developing Expertise
• Establishing Rapport
• Evaluation of Internal Controls
• Financial Acumen
• Financial Industry Regulatory Framework
• Legal Compliance
• Process Governance
• Risk Awareness
Closing Date : 15th June, 2023