Job Title: Internal Audit Officer (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref: HR/STAFF/VAC – 31/5/2023/5
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Internal Audit Officer will be responsible for review of all departmental and branch functions in order to achieve and maintain a sound internal control and governance environment for UGAFODE (MDI) Ltd. The position maintains and updates auditing procedures as regulated by the Board and regulatory agencies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit program: Developing the scope, specific objectives, expected outcomes and timelines for audit activities as part of internal audit plan.
- Carry out the Audit: In line with the audit plan and audit program, perform financial, operational and compliance audits.
- Reporting: Conduct scheduled audits, non-scheduled audits/fraud investigations, analyze issues, profile outcomes and submit draft report on issues with suggested recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and compliance to management for action.
- Ensure compliance: Undertake to comply with UGAFODE’s stand operating procedures, manuals, ethical and professional requirements as approved from time to time.
- Staff Development through participating in training sessions, coaching staff with less experience, contribution towards improvement of departmental processes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, commerce, finance or engineering, computer science / Information Technology.
- At least stage level of professional certification in ACCA/ CPA/ Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)/ CISA is a must.
- Minimum of One (1) year of experience in related auditing position.
- Understanding of the concept of process and risk management; and banking and auditing
- Strong aptitude for easy and quick learning of audit, analytical, or/and facilitation skills
- Strong working knowledge and ability to use MS Office and other standard software application tools.
- Solution-focused, flexible thinker with a strong “can do” attitude
- Strong networking and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ethical and professional conduct.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated, submit an application letter together with an up-to-date CV to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org Save the Documents as Your Full Name & The Job Title you are applying for, the same title should appear in the Email Subject Line e.g “Internal Audit Officer.” Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources. Applications will be viewed on a rolling basis.
Note: Ladies are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 11th June 2023