Job Title: Human Resource Officer (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities. UWA was established in 1996 and is managed in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer will develop and implement human resource management policies, strategies and plans to ensure an efficient and effective workforce
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement human resource management strategies and plans
- Undertake regular manpower planning to enable UWA achieve its strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement UWA recruitment plans
- Develop and Implement Human Resource Capacity Development programmes
- Develop and implement an effective staff motivation and retention strategy
- Develop and implement human resource capacity development plans.
- Implement an effective Performance Management plan
- Manage Occupational Health and Safety programmes
- Ensure the Implementation of Organizational disciplinary policy and procedures
- Manage the Human Resource information system.
- Effectively manage staff welfare schemes.
- Prepare regular human resource work plans and reports
- Supervise and appraise the warden Human Resource and other staff in Human Resource Unit
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Social Sciences with Human Resource Management option from a recognised University or Institution.
- Must be a member of the Human Resource Managers Association of Uganda.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in human resource management from a reputable Organization
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Financial management skills
- Fundraising skills
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent Customer care skills.
- Concern for quality and standards;
- Leadership and Team Work
- Guidance and counselling skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- High moral integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application with a detailed Curriculum Vitae bearing contacts of three (3) competent referees, a daytime telephone contact, copies of academic documents and relevant appointment letters to the address below:
Either: Email: email@example.com
The Executive Director
Uganda Wildlife Authority
Plot 7 Kira Road Kamwokya
P.O. Box 3530, Kampala Uganda
Hand deliver to the UWA Headquarters Central Registry.
Deadline: 10th August 2023 by 5.00 pm.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only ie (Degree Certificates and Transcripts plus O and A level).
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not less than six (6) months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.