Job Title: Programme Officer – Economist (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Centre for Budget and Tax Policy (CBTP Africa)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Centre for Budget and Tax Policy (CBTP Africa) is an independent think tank and center of excellence in Africa on budget and tax policy. Enhancing prudent and all-inclusive public finance managementt. CBTP seek to recruit an economist who shall join a team of dedicated staff to deliver the NORAD (Tax for Development) and IRISH AID projects.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer – Economist will provide support to the Head of Programmes to conceptualize and implement projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead project manager for at least two projects, ensuring that the projects deliver expected results and CBTP and Donor ambitions on value for money, gender, and conflict sensitivity, working closely and collaboratively with the project implementers and partners.
- Early identification, and resolution, of any problems or queries that arise with projects, including through regular communication with implementing partners and stakeholders and monitoring progress.
- Lead on any formal monthly or quarterly reporting to donors on assigned projects, and the provision of regular updates to the Head of Programmes and Policy and the wider Programme team.
- Maintaining a comprehensive network of contacts with all those involved in economic development and related issues in Uganda.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the management for the furtherance if project and organisational objectives
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelors Degree in Economics. Masters will be an added advantage
- Experience of project and programme management.
- Experience of working on economic development/related projects or economic issues.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong programme management and development skills – ability to run new and challenging projects, delivering on objectives, providing high-quality reporting, and working closely to identify new projects/partnerships/areas of work in support of CBTP objectives.
- Good stakeholder management – to build and maintain a strong network of contacts within relevant Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs), other CSOs and international partners.
- Team player – to work collaboratively with staff across the CBTP and support other team members.
- Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to be a team player, flexible, and work at pace to tight deadlines.
- Ability to build a good network of contacts both inside and outside of the CBTP.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates must attach the following documents in English when applying online.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A covering letter stating why you feel you are the most suitable candidate for the role.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Deadline: 13th November 2023 by 5:00pm