Job Title: Program Support Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: STIR Education
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX4,793,825 per month
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
STIR Education is an International NGO currently working in Uganda and India, creating a movement of Teacher Changemakers and driving improvements in children’s learning. STIR see’s teachers as the solution; and is building a teacher-led movement to improve children’s learning from within the system itself; by creating local collaborative networks of teachers who develop professional practices and skills to improve learning. STIR is currently focused on India and Uganda where in just three years, it has reached over 14,000 teachers, who are impacting learning for 450,000 children.
Job Summary: STiR is seeking to select a Program Support Officer (PSO) for the Uganda programme, based in Kampala. The PSO role presents an opportunity for the right candidate to create a lasting impact on education in Uganda. This role will drive the process of building a shared vision with the Uganda education stakeholders at district level, supporting the Senior Program Managers and Program Leads in the region to ensure effective and efficient program implementation and support. This role will be responsible for the regional program support, Program Lead shadowing and support, and logistical efficiency. The role is based in Kampala and will report to the Senior Program Manager, with about 80% travel to the field for regional programme monitoring and team support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general administrative support to program teams, including planning SEL Institutes, printing and photocopying, organizing trainings, and managing program-related correspondence (events invites).
- Assist in maintaining program documentation e.g photography, field reports and program files.
- Coordinate logistics for program events, workshops, and conferences, including venue booking, participant registration, and material preparation.
Data Management and Reporting:
- Collect, organize, and maintain program data, ensuring its accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Assist in data analysis and preparation of reports, including program progress reports, performance metrics, and outcomes.
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities by coordinating data collection efforts and ensuring timely reporting of program indicators.
Communication and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Assist in developing program communication materials, such as newsletters, reports, stories of change and presentations.
- Maintain effective communication channels with program stakeholders, including partners and participants.
- Support the organization of meetings, workshops, and events by coordinating invitations, preparing agendas, and taking minutes.
- Support program leads planning and coordination by assisting in the development of work plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Assist in monitoring program activities, milestones, and deliverables, ensuring they align with program objectives and timelines.
- Collaborate with program leads to ensure effective communication, coordination, and collaboration among team members.
Quality Assurance and Compliance:
- Assist in ensuring program compliance with internal policies, donor requirements, and legal regulations.
- Support the implementation of quality assurance processes, including program audits, reviews, and improvement initiatives.
- Assist in conducting risk assessments and implementing risk mitigation strategies within program implementation
- Collaborate with other teams and departments within the organization to ensure effective integration and coordination of program activities.
- Participate in organizational meetings, initiatives, and cross-functional projects as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- One to three years of professional experience with in the education sector in Uganda
- Proven experience working with stakeholders
- Strong delivery focus, ‘can-do’ attitude, growth mind set and ability to rapidly adapt
- Knowledge and experience of building and nurturing local and regional government relationships and collaborating with wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the education system in Uganda
- Creative and critical thinking
- Have a high level of energy and a commitment to excellence
- Commitment towards STiR’s values
- Ability to work under pressure and solution oriented
- Have a high level of drive and energy and a commitment to excellence
- Strong sense of ownership for every deliverable along with developed sense of integrity, humility and discretion
- Communication and Networking Skills
- Strong ability to communicate and develop effective working relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong personal impact with highly developed communication and influencing skills; ability to build strong relationships and connections with people of all levels of seniority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience of working with data & M&E systems
Remuneration and Benefits: A salary of UGX4,793,825 per month (57,525,900 per annum) will be paid for your service (subject to relevant taxes at source), along with Medical Insurance for yourself, spouse and up to two children
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.