This role is responsible for providing an effective and efficient management of the SACCO and ensure compliance to the cooperatives Act.
KEY RESULT AREAS OF A SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
• Manage Sacco financial resources and assets to ensure achievements of set Sacco objectives.
• Direct and supervise administration and processing of loans as per set guidelines.
• Prepare, provide analysis and present comprehensive financial Sacco reports.
• Review, develop and update SACCO policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance and keep UpToDate with statutory and regulatory requirements and provide guidance to ensure that the Executive Committee, Committees and management are operating within the limits as set in the Cooperatives Act and SACCO By-Laws.
• Manage costs within budget limits in order to achieve business growth as outlined in the strategic plan.
• Oversee annual and ad-hoc audits of the SACCO.
• Provide Leadership and guidance to the Sacco team in order to ensure timely processing of all Sacco operations.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience in management and administration of Sacco’s or financial institutions.
• Good understanding of Sacco principles Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form
• Leadership skills and ability to make decisions.
• A bachelor’s degree Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management, or any relevant field.
• Minimum level three of CPA or ACCA
• Practical and sufficient knowledge in Sacco management Behavioral competences
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should submit their applications, CVS and Copies of Academic Documents at the Vision Group Head Office Main Reception. Addressed to; The General Secretary, The New Vision Staff Co-operative Savings and Credit Scheme Limited, P.O Box 9815, Kampala – Uganda Deadline; 24th November 2023.