Baobab Circle Limited is an award winning digital health company revolutionizing healthcare across the African continent through empowering chronic disease patients with Al driven and behavioural science tools they need to self manage their conditions. Leveraging the rapid growth in mobile phone usage, Baobab Circle developed Afya Pap to leapfrog the deficit in healthcare infrastructure for addressing the chronic disease burden. We are therefore seeking youthful Community Health Educators (CHES) to join our team and support our diabetes and hypertensive patients within their communities (support groups) in, but not limited to, the geographic areas of Kampala (Nateete, Nakawa, Kasubi) and Wakiso (Maganjo, Kawanda).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assisting patients develop a culture of self-monitoring and self-management.
• Educating patients about chronic disease management through person-to-person coaching.
Successfully onboarding 10 new patients to Afya Pap daily.
Educate the patients on how to use Afya Pap and other technology platforms.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Aminimum of tertiary education with experience in healthcare
• Good command of both spoken and written English and Luganda
• Basic computer knowledge coupled with passion for healthcare and technology.
• Good people, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Highly collaborative and strong attention to detail
• Ability to train patients.
• Entrepreneurial and ability to work remotely with minimum supervision
• More than one year experience as a peer educator or community health volunteer
• A community worker/social worker or a member of a support group
• Knowledge and understanding of community health programmes
• Self driven and highly motivated to deliver results as an individual or in a team setup
• Confidence in talking to people both in groups and one to one basis
• Willingness to work on the weekend in order to meet targets and organising and participating in health camps
This is a 6-months contract with possibility of renewal
Applications should include: Resume/Curriculum Vitae 100 word personal statement summarizing your motivation to become a CHE
Interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com . with the subject heading “Community Health Educator” by 10 December 2023