For 25 years, IJM has pioneered the work to protect vulnerable people from violence. As we grow to expand our impact to protect 500 million people from violence by 2030, we are seeking a Driver/Field Security to provide secure and timely transportation to IJM staff and visitors. The Driver/Field Security will work closely with the Coordinator, Security and the Lead, Transport to ensure staff safety on the road and proper maintenance of the organization’s vehicles on/off road. The role will also include preparing movement plans and reporting for easy support during movements.
This position is based in Kampala, Uganda and reports to the Lead, Transport.
• Provide navigation support for IJM staff and clients.
• Provide security support at IJM field visits and other events.
In collaboration with the Coordinator, Security, complete case security risk assessments and any incident reports as required.
• Drive IJM’s vehicles for IJM staff, clients, and guests for business purposes.
Ensure timely conveyance of staff and materials to and from places as instructed by supervisor or the manager.
In collaboration with the Lead, Transport , schedule regular vehicle examination for service vehicles and ensure renewals for the vehicle license are done on a timely basis.
• Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general maintenance schedules, including car tyre condition.
• Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange for minor repairs where necessary.
• Carry out daily vehicle checklist.
• Maintain daily vehicle log sheets of all movements and update monthly mileage records
• Ensure that vehicles are always kept clean by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle.
• Assist in maintaining records of use, condition, and fuel consumption of IJM vehicles.
• Be responsive to security risk levels and mitigate risk accordingly.
• Ensure timely reporting in case of any accident, injury or damage to vehicles to the supervisor.
• Participate in IJM programs of professionalism and Christian spiritual formation.
• Ensure strict adherence to IJM operational, finance, programme and human resources policies.
• A diploma in any related field
• A certificate in defensive driving
• A certificate in motor vehicle mechanics an added advantage
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a professional driver with no incidents.
• Possesses a valid driver’s license (with at least B, C1, D1 classes) with no incidents and experience driving both manual and automatic vehicles on rough terrain.
• Demonstrable experience driving long distances and for long hours.
• Fluency in English both written and spoken. Working knowledge of local languages an added advantage
• Good computer literacy with working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Knowledge of geography and roads of Kampala and surrounding areas.
• Understanding of repairs and maintenance requirements for four-wheel-drive vehicles.
• Understanding of security protocols and procedures, preferably with a law enforcement agency or NGO background.
• Exceptional driving skills, including the ability to drive in different weather and traffic conditions.
• Excellent time management skills to meet pick-up and drop-off deadlines.
• Mature Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed.
• Self-starter with strong initiative.
• Disciplined with priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication.
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others.
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Please submit Resume/CV, Cover Letter, and Statement of Faith* in one PDF document to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 15th December 2023 with the subject line APPLICATION COORDINATOR, ILED.