Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Operations Assistant for our program in Uganda. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
About the Position
Reporting to the Operations Officer , the Operations Assistant is responsible for overseeing logistics, administrative and security support cells of ALIGHT Uganda Program. He/she will ensure effective and efficient support services to ALIGHT’s programs, ensure that ALIGHT’s and other applicable procedures and regulations relating to logistics, security and administration are complied with.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Operations Assistant (OA) will perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective supply chain and procurement services. The Operations Assistant (OA) will report to the Operations Officer (OO).
The Operations Assistant – is responsible for the administration, procurements of lower threshold and transit stores management activities ensuring performance according to ALIGHT and Donor guidelines.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Compile quarterly needs for office supplies and submit to the Operations Officer for onward review, approval and procurement.
• Produce monthly stock utilization report for office supplies for submission to Logistics Manager.
Ensure that ALIGHT Kampala main Office is well maintained and all repairs are done in a timely manner.
• Working closely with procurement unit, ensure general office comfort items, garden / compound and sanitary supplies and materials are acquired timely, stocked and available for use by cleaners, cooks and gardeners.
Support in booking accommodation for all national staff to Kampala and liaise with field office operations teams to arrange accommodation for field travels.
Ensure payments for all invoices for accommodation, with supporting Travel Authorization Forms and email authorizations of staff travels are forwarded to finance department for prompt settlement.
Working closely with supervisor, ensure that ALIGHT staff, consultants or such relevant visitors to Uganda are confirmed for accommodation, airport transfers, in-country travel schedules, meeting schedules, and such related.
• Make and confirm bookings for conferences, workshops and accommodations in Kampala and Entebbe for staff and process the necessary documentations (participant’s lists, PRF, Invoices and payment vouchers).
Process payment for suppliers (hotels), local air travels, ticketing services and suppliers, share proofs of payments with service providers.
• Monitor and track utility (water and electricity), CUG, phone bills, rent, internet and ensure that the bills are paid in a timely manner.
Work hand in hand with the HR department to process staff IDs in a timely manner.
• Plan, organize and provide support in the preparation of events, meetings, workshops and conferences within and outside ALIGHT.
• Supervise, evaluate and develop the performance of the Cleaner through providing constructive feedback, coaching and mentoring in line with the Human Resource Manual.
Ensure safe and cost – effective staff accommodation as per policy to field staffs.
• Handling all necessary arrangements for Alight staff and other associates visiting Uganda with welcome services, travel arrangements and with needed work setting in the office other external premises.
• Manage office supplies, ensuring responsible utilization and accountability.
Ensure national in-bound and out-bound travels are well coordinated and supported with vehicles, security briefs and travel logistics notes prior to departures.
• Plan, organize and provide support in the preparation of events, meetings, workshops and conferences within and outside Alight.
• Ensure that the general Office comfort items, Compound and Sanitary supplies and materials are acquired timely, stocked and available for use by the Incentive Worker Cleaners.
• Ensure lights, utilities and facilities in general office areas are switched off, or powered down, including lighting in common areas.
• Photocopy and file all Office documents as assigned.
• Ensure the reception area has all necessary stationery and materials such as Pens, Brochures etc are available for both guests and Alight Office Operations.
• Carry out all administrative procedures relating to the role of Administration effectively and in a timely manner.
• Prepare PRF’s for service and goods relating to Operations department.
• File reviewed and approved PRF’s submitted to the Operations Officer.
• Draft RFQ’s for cash, single quotation and simple quotations procurement thresholds.
• Draft Bid Analysis for simple quotation and formal quotations procurement thresholds, submit to the Operations Officer for review.
• Support to prepare evaluation reports for the procurement committee meetings.
• Follow up executed orders with selected vendors and ensure prompt service and goods delivery.
• Scanning and uploading of all procurement documents for ease of review and approval in Ready Sign platform and e-filing.
• Update the procurement tracker on daily basis with details of progress on procurement transaction files for monthly reporting.
• Tracking and recording of all payments submitted to Finance for settlement of supplier claims.
• Ensure proper and accurate filling system of procurement transaction copies for purposes of compliance to standard record keeping, audit trails and traceability.
• Record all office supplies’ movements in and out of stores, ensuring the stock cards are kept up-to-date.
• Verify shipping documents, specifications, quantities and qualities of goods for receipt, storage and prepare dispatch of goods against approved stores requisition forms.
• Track supplies delivered by the suppliers to the field site to ensure that the appropriate documentation i.e. waybills are submitted to Country office.
• Prepare the monthly Warehouse tracker and inventory monthly reports for donors in a timely manner and submit this to the Operations Officer for review and onward submission to Country office by 3rd of every month.
• Ensure the security and safety of all items in the stores.
• Maintain proper and updated stores documentation (stock cards, bin cards, packing lists, waybills, goods received notes, goods returned notes, stores requisitions) and file all copies as appropriate with supporting documents.
• Carry out monthly stock taking in presence of independent observers (Program and Finance) and share the signed report with the Operations Officer and Team Leader.
• Verify, receive, store all supplies and equipment purchased for Programs under the field sites and notify all the requesters to take items out of the store.
• Carry out joint inspections on deliveries together with requesters to confirm that materials delivered conform to the details of the Purchase Order, Delivery Note and or Way Bill and that they are free of any damage before accepting them into the store.
• Store organizational supplies and equipment to ensure safe custody in line with the operations guidelines.
• Issue stores supplies and materials to different departmental / unit users in the field office based on approved stores requisition notes in line with the ALIGHT’s Uganda’s operations guidelines.
• Plan and coordinate with program teams to develop distribution plans and distribute items in the store to beneficiaries in a timely manner.
• Reconcile the physical stock balances by carrying out periodic stock taking in accordance with stores and procurement guidelines.
• Conduct a comprehensive stock taking exercise and check for replenished items and supplies that have either expired or out of stock.
• Receive users’ departments / units requisitions fully authorized, pick, prepack supplies and prepare issue vouchers to acknowledge receipts.
• Generate consumption data for forecasting supplies and determine optimal storage capacity requirements for ALIGHT stock including those of field sites.
• Ensure safety and security of stores, equipment and materials kept in the store.
• Ensure that the store is tidy and well-arranged all the time to ease removal of or getting in materials and or movement of people.
• Timely reporting (dashboard) on warehouse tracker, inventory reports for donors, monthly physical stock count reports.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management /or Operations, Business administration, International trade, CIPS or related
• Minimum of two (2) years of work experience with development or relief organizations working in complex emergency situations and/or development settings
• Minimum two (2) years of managing the operations and coordination experience with development/relief programs at comparable job level.
• Familiarity with private, UN, US government and multilateral donor Logistics requirements and working.
• High proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English; also proficiency in the use of computers and standard application, including use of Information Management Systems (IMS).
• Strong analytical, written and verbal skills
• High level of integrity, accountability and personal ethic
• Good interpersonal skills; ability and inclination to work in/with teams
• High level of self-drive, discipline and desire to achieve
• A go getter requiring minimal supervision to work towards results
• Willingness to travel and stay for extended periods in remote refugee sites to support work.
Interested and qualified? Click here to apply