About Raising The Village
We are Raising The Village (RTV) – an international development organization and a registered charity – on a mission to end ultra-poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa. Raising The Village is a fast-growing organization on an accelerated growth path. We have 120+ national staff in Uganda and a team of 8+ people in North America working together to lift communities out of ultra-poverty in last-mile villages. We operate at the intersection of direct implementation and advanced data analytics to inform progress, decision-making, and impact. Our programs are focused on removing scarcity barriers, increasing and diversifying incomes, and ensuring sustained outcomes through 24-month partnerships with last-mile villages and local governments. We work in the thematic areas of agriculture, WASH, and Financial Inclusion through a gender-transformative and community-driven development approach.
To date, we have supported more than 900,000 people through our innovative holistic approach and are on track to expand to reach one million people annually in the region by 2027.
We have achieved this tremendous growth with the support of our incredible partners from all around the globe who believe in our model and impact. Find out more about our programs and impact at www.raisingthevillage.org.
Raising The Village is implementing projects in Kisoro, Kanungu, Rukungiri, Kagadi, Mitooma, Kyenjojo, Kaliro, Rubanda, Luuka, Kiryandongo, Kibaale and Rubirizi with a regional office in Mbarara and a coordination office in Kampala.
Raising The Village now seeks to recruit DATA COLLECTORS to support the Planning, Evaluation, and Learning department by conducting Baseline Household Surveys in Rukiga, Buhweju, Kitagwenda, Kyenjojo, Kibaale, Bunyangabo, Kakumiro, Kiryandongo, Rubirizi, Rakai and Rubanda districts. The exercise will run for 1 month with a possible extension for another month.
With the support and supervision of the RTV Planning Evaluation and Learning team and following Raising The Village guidelines and ethical procedures, the Data Collectors will support the data collection exercise and ensure that accurate data is collected and disseminated.
• Attend training in evaluation procedures and tools
• Pretest the data collection tools
• Conduct informed consent processes with relevant local leadership structures and potential households before collecting the data;
• Implement the scheduled work plan.
• Ensure daily targets are hit, but ensure quality.
• Arrange and conduct interviews in accordance with predetermined interview guidelines, data collection procedures, tools, and documentation procedures;
• Code and verify data collected;
• Ensure the data collected is accurate, cleaned, complete, properly handled, and stored in accordance with the principles of confidentiality;
• Take responsibility for the data collection tools, such as Tablets and computers entrusted to him/her during the data collection period;
• Take part and perform any job-related duties assigned by the lead RTV personnel.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Business or Commerce, Social Sciences or any other related field
• Previous experience in data collection is a MUST
• Excellent probing skills in the execution of duties of data collection
• Work under minimum supervision to deliver results in the stipulated time.
• Prior demonstrable experience in research methods is an added advantage
• Excellent knowledge and use of Excel and digital data collection tools, especially Survey CTO and Survey 123
• Ability to understand and apply specified field data collection procedures and protocols
• Ability to work in a team (good team player) and independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to maintain data ethics
• Able to work and travel in remote and hard-to-reach areas for long hours
• Ability to demonstrate moral values that are acceptable within the rural setting across communities
• Ability to uphold the reputation and credibility of the organization within partner communities during the period of the survey
• Ability to walk on very difficult terrains and for long hours to access respondents
• Excellent command of English, Lusoga (Kaliro) and Runyankole/Rukiga (Kanungu, Rubanda & Mitooma) languages is a MUST.
All qualified and interested applicants should use This Link Provided to apply and attach their CV, copies of academic documents, a letter from the residential LC 1 Chairperson, a copy of the National Identification or Valid identification (as one merged document). link Please note that the application deadline is Saturday, January 27, 2024. Female candidates are also encouraged to apply.
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer and does not receive/ accept any money from any candidate wishing to join the organization.