Windle International Uganda (WIU) is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through the provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Since 1996, Windle International Uganda has provided access to University, Secondary, and Primary Education, as well as Early Childhood Learning and Vocational Training for Refugees and the host population.
In partnership with UNHCR and the Government of Uganda, WIU is implementing Education Projects for refugees and host communities in Refugee settlements across Uganda and seeks to recruit suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position for its growing operations:
Position: Child Protection Officer
LOCATION: Field-based, West Nile Operations
Job Purpose and Scope:
• The Child Protection Officer will provide technical and administrative support for child protection and Safeguarding programs and activities at his or her duty station.
• He/ she will support the Programs unit during planning, implementing and reporting on Child Safeguarding activities for WIU Staff and other key stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Child Protection Officer will perform the following functions
• Prepare training plans and appropriate content for Child Protection Training and sensitization activities
Conduct, participate in and report on Child Safeguarding Trainings conducted at the location
• Participate in the development of child safeguarding data tracking and reporting tools for use across areas of WIU operations
Conduct Child Protection and Safeguarding training and sensitization sessions for WIU Staff, beneficiaries
• Prepare and consolidate comprehensive training reports for submission to the Human Resource Department
• Maintain an up to date log of Child Safeguarding activities conducted weekly and beneficiaries of trainings/ sensitization sessions
• Provide technical support for the review, update and implementation of the Child Protection and Safeguarding Referral Pathways mechanisms for handling Protection cases that arise at locations
• Coordinate the follow up of and documentation of referred protection cases, ensuring comprehensive conclusion of the reported cases, regular updates to Child Safeguarding Officer and feedback by Protection Partners
• Visit schools regularly and strengthen Safeguarding clubs and referral pathways in the School system
• Identify Safeguarding risks and provide prompt advice on mitigation or strengthening of systems to resolve issues arising
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders and sustain working relationships to provide technical assistance in terms of capacity building and knowledge sharing in Child Protection and Safeguarding
• Participate in inter-agency child protection working groups, workshops, seminars, Community meetings and partner meetings at your location on behalf of Windle International Uganda
• Maintain accurate, confidential and up to date documentation on all cases of safeguarding and child protection.
• Participate in budgeting activities, ensuring inclusion of Safeguarding items and activities for the protection of beneficiaries and PoCs
Required Skills and Experience:
1. A University Degree in Human rights, Child psychology, sociology, international law, Social Work and Social development or other social science field is required.
2. Postgraduate award of Certification in Children’s Rights, Child Protection or any related field is an added advantage
3. A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in social development, planning and management in child protection and/other related areas at a reputable NGO or INGO is required;
4. Relevant experience in child protection and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset;
5. Demonstrated experience of working on child protection and policy reforms and capacity building is required.
6. Relevant experience in legal drafting and knowledge in legislative reform and international law pertaining to children is required.
7. Must have no history of violation of child protection or Children’s rights or any form of Sexual Exploitation
Closing Date : 22nd Feb, 2024