Job Title: Debt Collection Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading microfinance deposit taking institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and 10 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer and regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Debt Collection Officer will responsible for the recovery of bad/written off loans extended in accordance with Pride’s policies and procedures and the laws of Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the recovery of bad/written off loans by surveying and investigating the clients’ files for cases of defaulting and visiting defaulting clients.
- Deliver recall letters and ensure follow up.
- Prepare and deliver demand letters to defaulters and follow up on payments.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Train staff on debt recovery skills.
- Liaise with law enforcement on recovery.
- Peruse clients’ files to establish type and location of security.
- Visit locations to establish the availability of property for attachment.
- Contact law enforcement for purposes of attachment in line with bank policy.
- Place and distribute notices of sale.
- Identify the highest bidder and negotiate terms for the sale of attached assets in line with bank policy.
- Arrange with the respective branch for consent to sale and requisition of the sale agreement in line with bank policy.
- Facilitate the prosecution of loan defaulters by investigating cases of defaulting.
- Report matters of criminal nature to the police in line with bank policy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Law.
- 2 Principal passes at A’ Level
- Credits and Pass in Maths and English at O’ level
- At least one year of experience in debt collection or law enforcement.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the HEAD HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, at the address below, or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation from 3 referees, copies of academic transcripts, postal address and a daytime telephone contact. All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted will be contacted.
Deadline: 22nd February 2024