The Education Advisor is a new position that provides technical support to strengthen ChildFund International’s global education program portfolio and enhance program quality. This role includes significant responsibility for resource mobilization and will provide technical leadership in the pre-positioning, capture planning and preparation of grant proposals. Specifically, the Advisor will provide technical leadership for grants acquisition on teacher training and building key foundational skills (i.e., literacy, numeracy, social-emotional learning) and support existing education initiatives for children’s protection and well-being.
This is a great opportunity for you if you are committed and passionate about education and want to work in a global position, with 20 countries across 3 regions. ChildFund’s education programs integrate quality education with protection and well-being and offer the chance to work on designing new programs on social-emotional learning and teacher training in collaboration with communities.
This is a full-time, fixed-term position through June 30, 2025. Candidates must have current work authorization in a ChildFund country of operation: Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Mozambique, Philippines, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Thailand, The Gambia, Uganda, or Zambia.
Please note: pay is in local currency. To be considered, please submit a resume/CV in English and a brief writing sample in English with your application.
• Collaborate with Business Development team and country office staff to support the technical design and writing of grant proposals for education programs.
• Build capacity of colleagues in country offices on evidence-based interventions through trainings, webinars, and mentoring.
Contribute to the roll-out of ChildFund’s education strategy through technical guidance to country colleagues.
• Contribute to high-quality implementation of research and evaluation activities to support education interventions.
• Represent ChildFund in education-related internal working groups.
• Build and strengthen external partnerships with education and research actors.
• Support the generation of education programming content for internal and external communications through writing briefs, blogs, and articles.
• Remain alert and responsive to any safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Safeguarding Policy.
• Ability to write, speak, and read fluently in English.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Strong and demonstrable narrative writing skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of program design, including monitoring & evaluation frameworks, implementation, and evaluation for education programs.
• Demonstrated coaching and training capability in virtual and in-person environments.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and schedules.
• Strong organization skills; self-starter and self-motivated.
Required Experience and Education
• University degree in education, international development/relations, or other relevant field.
• At least 6 years of overall experience with education programs in an international/multi-country context.
• At least 3 years of international field experience in education programs.
• Experience working with children experiencing deprivation, exclusion, and vulnerability and their families.
• Demonstrated experience with proposal development, including technical strategy design.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Fluency or advanced proficiency with another language (Spanish, French, Portuguese) is desired.
• Advanced degree is preferred.
Closing Date : 22nd Feb, 2024