Malteser International is the relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta for humanitarian aid. With over 100 projects annually in some 30 countries throughout Africa, Asia and the Americas, we provide emergency relief after disasters and support recovery efforts with a focus on sustainable development.
We are planning to develop a Global Program on WASH and Human Rights in India, Nepal and Uganda.
In support of this program, Malteser International is looking for a
Consultant (m/f/d) – Feasibility Study, Global Program on WASH and Human Rights in India, Nepal and Uganda
The main purpose of the consultancy is to conduct a feasibility study to provide a sound basis for the elaboration and optimization of the program concept for the Global Program for WASH and Human Rights. The study should clarify prerequisites, opportunities and risks. In particular, the aim is to assess the feasibility of the program and to systematically check the extent to which the project approach can achieve the planned changes under the existing conditions. The feasibility study will provide the basis for further developing this program. Furthermore, this feasibility study will be presented to BMZ/BENGO and must take into consideration the OECD-DAC criteria.
The consultancy is expected to take place from December 3rd, 2020 until end of January 2021.
- Demonstrated capacity and experience (at least 3 years) in conducting program preparation studies for development, preferably in East Africa and South Asian context
- Sound knowledge of the WASH Systems approach and clear understanding of Human Rights issues related to WASH
- Technical knowledge and experience in WASH and in one or more of the following fields: Development studies, Humanitarian Assistance, Human Rights, Public Administration.
- Fluency in English (spoken/written)
- Experience in working with (local and international) non-governmental organizations
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills
- Previous work experience in concerned program countries
- Familiarity with WASH projects in fragile and complex environments
For more information, please see the Terms of References.