Program Officer – Field Operations USAID Project Jobs – RTI International
Job Title: Program Officer – Field Operations
Organisation: RTI International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
RTI International is a nonprofit organization headquartered in the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina. RTI provides research and technical services. It was founded in 1958 with $500,000 in funding from local businesses and the three North Carolina universities that form the Research Triangle.
About USAID Project:
USAID’s Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases i East is a five-year program led by RTI International (RTI). The program supports national governments to reach NTD control and elimination goals through proven, cost-effective public health interventions and also provides critical support to countries in their journey to self-reliance, helping them to create sustainable programming for NTD control within robust and resilient health systems.
Job Summary: The primary function of the Program Officer, Field Operations is to provide programmatic support to Act East partners, sub grantees and district local governments during planning, implementation, and monitoring of Act to End NTDs! East program activities. The Program Officer will work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party, the MERLA specialist, the Logistics and Procurement Specialist and the Finance Manager to support effective implementation of Act East contributions to the national NTD program. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Planning/ Development/Coordination
- Information Processing
- Management and Administrative Tasks
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in public health, social sciences and at least 3 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of program management experience. Additional training and/or experience in NTDs is a requirement
- Skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below. An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of community-based programs.
- Extensive field experience in targeted districts and solid understanding of the realities and complexities of working in hard-to-reach Villages with marginalized and disadvantaged groups
- Demonstrated experience in managing M&E activities
- Candidate with working experience with USAID funded program or ATI Projects will be preferred
How to Apply:
If you would like to take up this dynamic position, please send an updated CV including three work related referees together with a cover letter (as one document ONLY) to the Human Resources & Administration Manager by email to HR@ug-ntd.rti.org).
Emails should not exceed 2MB. Applicants must include the “Program Officer-Field Operations” as the subject line of their email.
Deadline: 4th May 2021