Earn 44m as Shipment Clerk at the United States Embassy / US Mission
Job Title: Shipment Clerk
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 44,197,171 /=
Position Number: Kampala-2020-017
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the shipping supervisor and assists in the organization of airport & port activities including but not limited to; custom clearance processes through host government officials for incoming and outgoing shipments of personal household effects and other U. S. government property (e.g., equipment, supplies, special cargo).
- Arranges the shipment, importation, registration, deregistration reregistration and sale or exportation of all Privately Owned Vehicles (POVs) and Official Vehicles (OFVs) for all the Agencies under the ICASS Agreement.
- Schedules for the annual summer pack outs for all their House Hold Effects (HHE) & Unaccompanied Air Baggage (UAB) & Personally Owned Vehicles (POVs) and keeps USDH staff abreast with all activities concerning their effects till they arrive their next post.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Shipment Clerk career opportunity should have completed Secondary school (O & A LEVEL). Required.
- A minimum of three years of Customs and Shipping experience are required;
- Two years of these must have been obtained from working with a customs, shipping or logistics company in the area of operations and customer service.
- Broad knowledge of the host country’s customs regulations & procedures.
- A good knowledge of the abilities, capabilities, and general procedures of local / regional shipping & transportation regulations.
- Must be tactful in dealing with host country government officials, personnel of shipping, packing and moving companies.
- Must be able to draft correspondences addressed to the Ugandan Government Officials.
- Typing level II, basic numeracy skills for voucher examining and demonstrated ability to use office software including Microsoft Outlook, internet, and software applications of common use. There is also occasional requirement for heavy lifting.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, possess strong interpersonal skills and team work is required.
- Skills in planning and executing administrative and financial work related to GSO-Shipping activities are essential.
- Must be able to drive vehicles and possess a valid driver’s license Type B.
- Language: Mandatory: Level III English ability (good working knowledge) in reading, writing and speaking. This may be tested.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th May 2021