Program Coordinator – Kidepo Valley Landscape NGO Careers – RTI International
Organisation: RTI International
Duty Station: Uganda
RTI International is a nonprofit organization headquartered in the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina. RTI provides research and technical services. It was founded in 1958 with $500,000 in funding from local businesses and the three North Carolina universities that form the Research Triangle.
Job Summary: The Landscape Coordinator (“Coordinator”) will lead and coordinate the USAID Uganda Biodiversity for Resilience (B4R) Activity’s operations and programs in the greater Kidepo Valley Landscape. The B4R objectives in the landscape are primarily threefold:
- Assist the communities with support of other stakeholders (UWA, LGs) to establish and operationalize the proposed community conservancy in the larger landscape.
- Implement a variety of conservation, livelihoods, and institutional/governance activities to improve the management of the select Central Forest Reserves (CFRs) in the landscape.
- Generate economic incentives for local communities in the landscape through implementing diverse conservation enterprise projects in partnership with private sector (e.g. tourism, forestry, agriculture, wildlife-based enterprises).
We are looking for a self-starter manager with exceptional management and team building skills, who can make a difference in remote and/or rural locations. The position will be based in a dedicated field office and require frequent travel through the landscape. The person will work closely with, and report to, the Kidepo Valley Landscape Lead, who is based in Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Planning & Implementation
- Coordinate implementation of programmatic activities
- Lead quarterly planning for the landscape activities.
- Oversee operations for all the three technical components (see below).
- Supervise cross-organizational B4R field staff day-to-day activities and operations.
Administration & Logistics
- Manage the field operations budgets and expenditures (such as financial reporting to Kampala)
- Manage the logistics planning and deployment for the field office.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. Community Structures, Private Sector, LGs, UWA, NFA).
- Participate and/or organize relevant stakeholder engagements and/or events.
- Private Sector Engagement – assist the B4R private sector partners in implementation of their activities in the landscape, led by B4R’s Private Sector Advisor & Conservation Enterprise Development Specialist.
- Conservancy/CFR Support – coordinate operations based on the agreed plans (such as conservancy roadmap) to support B4R’s Biodiversity Advisor.
- Governance – support the governance frameworks establishment and conduct stakeholder engagement (see above) led by B4R’s Governance Advisor.
- Gather and communicate relevant information utilized by the project communications unit needs.
Monitoring and reporting
- Coordinate collection of monitoring information for quarterly and annual reporting.
- Provide technical inputs to quarterly and annual reporting from the field.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in management, economic and/or rural development, tourism, conservation or related field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree in a relevant field with at least 3 years of related experience.
- Excellent management, administrative and organizational skills.
- Advanced partnership building & development.
- Project management, people management, and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of community mobilization and capacity building amongst community institutions.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office; strong presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in Ngakarimojong language is an asset.
- Ability to work and travel frequently across the entire target landscape.
- Effective management of relationships with both internal and external partners and stakeholders
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join RTI International should apply online at the link below.