Job Title: Program Officer
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda but with frequent travels to the field.
Reports to: Head of Program
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 13 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. FCA work is based on promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, and FCA’s operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
Job Summary: The Program Officer will assist the Head of Program to effectively achieve departmental goals and deliver on its outputs and work plan for Uganda. Working under the direction of the Head of Program, the Program Officer will ensure the achievement of set objectives in relation to the FCA strategic plan and will be responsible for ensuring overall management of planning and implementation of programme activities and organization needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with Head of program ensure that supported partners plan, coordinate and execute project activities in timely and accurate manner
- Assist partners in preparation of grant proposals, budget preparation and expense management activities for all projects under your supervision
- Develop new approaches and innovations to improve overall program performance especially in relation to Development cooperation projects and any other assigned program responsibilities
- Support Partners, manage and monitor supported project activities and ensure timely reporting to FCA.
- Provide technical guidance and maintain frequent communications with partners.
- Build capacity of partners, sharing and guiding the respective program team on the relevant internal and donor policies, best practices, standards and recommendations for quality planning and execution of program activities
- Support partners to conduct program reviews, analyze, troubleshoot program challenges and suggest appropriate actions.
- Participate in new business acquisition activities including being part of proposal development teams aimed at resource mobilization.
- Identify and contact old and new program partners as required for operational expansion, coordination and effective program implementation in a manner fitting FCA’s cooperation and collaboration strategies.
- Closely work with the M&E team to design relevant data collection tools, agree on program monitoring strategies, prepare project evaluations, learning and dissemination of program outcomes to relevant stakeholders
- Track financial performance of the different projects and ensure quarterly reports are accurate.
- Support partners to adhere to the project cooperation agreement in order to fulfil back donor requirements
- Conduct regular project reviews for all projects and ensure implementation is on track and in line with the donor requirements and guidelines.
- Monitoring and support FCA implementing partners
- Ensure that partner annual audits and end of project evaluations are planned and executed on time.
- Ensure that partner quarterly reports are prepared and uploaded to FCA intranet.
- Support partners in the development of new proposals for funding by FCA at the expiry of the current projects.
- Support and coach partner staff in monitoring and reporting
- Assist the Head of Program in planning and management of FCA self impleneted developnet cooperation projects.
- Assist the Head of Program in managing the program networks including attending regularly the networking meetings and renewing FCA membership to such networks.
- Participate in coordinating program external visitors including preparing itinerary and conducting field visits with them.
- Prepare periodic work plans and budgets in liaison with Head of Program.
- Make regular field visits to project sites within the Program area to assess progressing made and advise the program department on any remedial steps that needs to be undertaken.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Program or his/her designate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finn Church AID Program Officer job must hold a Master’s degree in International development, Agribusiness, Business Administration, Project Planning and Management or related field.
- Experience in development cooperation and working with partners
- Experience in conducting partnership assessments
- Excellent knowledge of development policies and strategies
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
- Experience designing and delivering capacity building, coaching and mentoring for partners
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact, addressed to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Roche Close – Off Tank Hill Rd, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Kampala. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to Ugaco.email@example.com. Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online
Deadline: 9th June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks. FCA does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents