Program Coordinator Career Jobs – Sasakawa Africa Association-Uganda
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Organization: Sasakawa Africa Association-Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Sasakawa Africa Association-Uganda (SAA/SG2000) is a non-profit non-governmental international organization that promotes demonstration and widespread adoption of improved pre and post-production agricultural technologies for smallholder farmers in Uganda in collaboration with relevant government institutions, farmer’ organizations and the private sector.
The Organization wishes to recruit highly competent, organized, pro-active, self-driven and experienced professionals to fill the positions for its Smallholder Horticulture Empowerment and Promotion Approach (SHEP) in Adjumani region. The project targets to work with 1,200 farmers organized in 60 farmer groups in 6 sub counties of Adjumani District. This project is 11 months running up to March 2022.
Job Summary: The Program Coordinator will be responsible to take lead in the implementation of the Market-Oriented Horticulture Enterprise activities in Adjumani District:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead in the overall coordination of the Program activities;
- Lead in the identification and selection of intervention communities for the project;
- Guide the Project staff with developing work plans/activity schedules;
- Build capacity of project beneficiaries in good agricultural practices along the crop value chains (agronomy, appropriate harvest, postharvest handling and storage technologies for quality vegetables and value addition, access to markets/business development)
- Promote use of ICT in delivery of agricultural advisory services and access to input and access markets and ensure a balanced gender-responsive participation of stakeholders in all activities,
- Fostering linkages to value chain support services (markets, finance, information, research)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, with five years field experience in rural development activities. Experience in Horticulture will be an added advantage.
- Must have experience in leading and /or training on Horticultural value chains and extension, participatory capacity building approaches.
- Proven experience in enhancing partnerships that promote agricultural business development and use of ICT along the crop value chain, while respecting the natural resource base and taking climate change into consideration.
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email their applications including an application letter, a two-paged CV and scanned copies of relevant academic credentials to:
The Country Director, Sasakawa Africa Association
NB: Sasakawa Africa Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Women are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 9th June 2021