Several No Experience Data Collector Job Opportunities – PATH
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is planning to undertake a study in Uganda, to estimate the ongoing costs to deliver HPV vaccines and understand the contextual factors of the delivery approach for the HPV vaccination program. PATH will lead the data collection activities in collaboration and coordination with the Uganda expanded program of immunization (EPI).
Job Summary: As part of the study, data collection will be done through interviews with EPI staff working at different levels of the health system. There are two study questionnaires: one for the health facilities providing HPV vaccination services and another for the health system administrative levels. The interviews will be conducted in person through administration of a questionnaire and the responses will be recorded electronically on a tablet using ODK. The interviews at the health facilities and at the administrative levels will be conducted in English. The data collectors will receive didactic and field-based training before conducting the study interviews. After training is completed, the data collectors will be deployed for the data collection activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend each day of the data collector training session, including the practical training component.
- Before the start of data collection, familiarize yourself with the data collection tools to be used for the study and be clear about the expected data for each question and questionnaire.
- Ensure proper and ethical execution of the study as per the defined methodology, including obtaining and documenting informed consent from all study participants prior to each interview.
- Ensure timely completion of data collection in assigned region in accordance with the interview/study schedule.
- Follow COVID-19 precautions set forth by PATH and the Ministry of Health of Uganda, at all times while conducting the interviews and while working on this study.
- Collect high quality, complete and accurate data for the study.
- Within a day of completing each interview, upload the completed survey in ODK after reviewing and ensuring the data are complete and correct.
- At the end of the data collection period, draft a report with the assigned data collector to summarize the progress and challenges and other relevant contextual factors related to the data collection activity in the assigned region.
Key Deliverables include:
- Attend training in data collection tools.
- Submit complete and accurate data for the assigned facilities.
- Summary activity report submitted after data collection.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold qualifications in public health, economics or statistics is relevant
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Uganda immunization program over a period of not less than 2 years of experience
- Experience in data collection using ODK app
- Knowledge of Vaccines and immunization program in Uganda
- Must have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 14th June 2021