Job Title: Project Officer / Gender (7 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Action 4 Health Uganda (A4HU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Kamuli, Mukono, Tororo, Busia, Mityana and Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Programmes Officer.
Action 4 Health Uganda (A4HU) is a Ugandan non-profit NGO that empowers young people to develop their full potential in life.
Job Summary: The Project Officer, Gender will oversee the implementation of the SEEP II project and ensure that gender equity principles are very well integrated into all project activities; as well as in the organisational policies and programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely and adequate implementation of project activities in line with A4HU values and principles.
- Develop and implement a clear gender mainstreaming program for all aspects of the project; including a gender sensitive monitoring framework.
- Develop the capacity of supported Youth Clubs, Empowerment Centers, the National Youth Network and partner organizations in gender programming; including.
- Conduct support supervision and quality assurance visits to assess project implementation in project districts.
- Carry out SRHR, and entrepreneurship/ small business development training for peer educators.
- Provide substantive gender equality themed inputs to programming, advocacy strategies and implementation tools, building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies for A4HU activities
- Spearhead knowledge management with regard to gender programing in the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Gender Studies or closely related field.
- Three years of experience in gender work in a national or international organization.
- Excellent understanding of gender concepts and frameworks; with corresponding experience in gender mainstreaming approaches and methodologies.
- Knowledge in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights
- Familiarity with relevant national and local institutions, mechanisms, and frameworks with regard to gender programming in Uganda.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Excellent writing, and communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit letters of application, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, names and details of three referees, Indicating their availability and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org, copying email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 23rd July 2021 by 12:00 Noon
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com