Job Title: Manager Credit Administration
Organisation: Orient Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Credit
Orient bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Orient Bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth over the last 20 years can be attributed to its professional management and prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is reflected in its large deposit base. In November 2002 Orient Bank made another first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL).
Job Summary: The Manager Credit Administration will oversee and supervise activities in the Credit Administration unit of the bank to facilitate and support excellent post credit approval excellent customer experience and risk management of the credit portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure strict adherence to pre- disbursement and post- disbursement conditions
- Ensure that disbursement of credit facilities is compliant with the bank’s credit policy and applicable regulations
- Ensure compliance with all Credit policy, regulatory and statutory requirements in risk management of the credit portfolio.
- Manage the delinquent accounts process as per policy and ensure that that action plans for such accounts are effectively adhered to.
- Ensure accurate reporting of provisions, interest in suspense and reconciliation thereof by 5th of the new month.
- Ensure daily monitoring of the Portfolio at Risk and advise the Head of Credit on action plans
- Proactively and continuously monitor credit facilities on the Bank’s book and ensure that credit policy and other applicable laws and regulations are adhered to in a bid to avoid operational issues.
- Ensure that the credit approval documents are reviewed and all approval terms including covenants, conditions, risk triggers, call reports are diarised and tracked. Any breaches are to be brought to the attention of the Head of Credit for remedial action.
- Work in partnership with the Legal Department to ensure all requisite documentation is provided and properly executed prior to disbursement
- Ensuring an up to date securities register
- Ensure timely submission of reports to the regulator i.e. weekly BOU forex commitment report, quarterly monitoring report and quarterly agricultural lending returns, e.t.c.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Professional and/or post-graduate qualification in a relevant fi eld will be an added advantage
- At least five years of cognate experience in Banking with a minimum of 3 years in a Credit function support role.
- Deep understanding of risk management and internal controls
- Analytical and Investigation Skills
- Sound understanding of banking industry, including regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent stakeholder management
- High integrity assessment tools
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the criteria indicated above are requested to send their applications, and updated Curriculum Vitae to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24th September 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com