Job Title: Quality Control Coordinator
Organisation: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation (Baylor)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The Quality Control Coordinator will mainly review and implement QC & QA guidelines to enhance compliance of the research team members to the required research protocol in line with Research department mission and allocated protocol (s)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review research source forms for completion
- Transcribe research source forms into case report forms
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of case report forms
- Submit reviewed case report forms to data for entry
- Communicate with senior study staff about Quality Control issues
- Liaise with research staff to resolve data queries from central data centers
- Conduct quality control review of informed consent forms and process.
- Compile quality control reports for study teams
- Work closely with safety reporting coordinators to make sure issues regarding safety of research participants are addressed on a timely manner.
- Liaise with hospital staff ensuring hospital records are received and returned to their respective hospital wards
- Conduct quality control training for new staff
- Write minutes of meeting for QC team when chairing the team meetings
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the relevant authority
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The job holder should hold a degree in Nursing or degree in public health or Diploma in Clinical medicine and community health’ from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body
- At least three years of experience in Quality control and quality assurance approaches in research with at least 2 years plus experience of hands in service delivery related to health programs/projects
- Have Key personal competences in Team and communication skills, networking and partnership skills. Must be dynamic, Persuasive & convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th September 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com